Possible Bug With Redundant PC Feature

sprint

Axe-Master
Setup
- I'm using MFC via midi to AxefxIII on FW 2.03.
- I have an expression pedal connected to MFC controlling Gain on all channels. The modifier has PC Reset set to On.
- The expression pedal "Beginning" value is set to "Off" on the MFC.
- I have PC 1,2,3 and 4 mapped to Patch 1 Scenes 1,2,3 and 4 on Axe III.
- Redundant PC is set to "OFF"
- Scene revert is set to on.
- When I switch patches from 1 to 2 (lead) on MFC I have a custom midi message in MFC (the ones executed at preset change) set up to set the gain modifier to max value (127).

Situation:
- This works well in most situations - when I switch to patch 2 on MFC, AxeFxIII goes to scene 2 with maximum gain - perfect.
- Except: If I had the gain modifier to max on scene 1, and then switch to patch 2 on MFC, the Axe III goes to scene 2 with the lowest gain setting in the gain modifier EVEN though the modifier value has been specifically set to max.

I realize this is kind of complex but it at this point it looks like there's something wrong here. I've verified the midi from every angle. Any help would be appreciated.

Update - I'm using the individual scene values to gain to get the correct initial values - but it still seems odd that I'm sending a midi message to the Axe to move the gain modifier to 127 and it ignores it only in situations where the gain modifier was set to 127 in the previous scene (does not happen with redundant PC on) - strange.

Last edited:
This will happen with PC Reset if the new CC value doesn't differ from the previous by a sufficient amount (5% IIRC). The best solution will probably be PC Reset = Off and configuring the necessary starting value as a custom message for each MFC preset.

You're supposed to have Ignore Redundant PC set to ON when using Preset Mapping. Otherwise, you are always reloading the preset when you change scenes.

You're supposed to have Ignore Redundant PC set to ON when using Preset Mapping. Otherwise, you are always reloading the preset when you change scenes.

When PC reset is on. and I want to reload the current patch in order to reset initial values, the patch does not reload so there us challenges with it on or off.

Thank you both for the additional info, I'll tinker with it more and report back.

When PC reset is on. and I want to reload the current patch in order to reset initial values, the patch does not reload so there us challenges with it on or off.

Thank you both for the additional info, I'll tinker with it more and report back.
True... You could change to a different preset and back.

You really lose a lot of the benefits of scenes with it Off because it won't be seamless.

Are you sure you haven’t got the relatively new “toggle” feature switched on? I’m not near my gear just now... but it might be this?

Are you sure you haven’t got the relatively new “toggle” feature switched on? I’m not near my gear just now... but it might be this?

It doesn't sound like that as the OP's scenario involves expression pedal as gain modifier. The same thing can occur on the Axe-FX II.

Back
Top Bottom