Bug? Possible bug with looper midi tempo and spillover

BWILLIAMS

Hi, posting this in the help section since another forum member suggested I might have encountered a bug.

I have been experimenting with live looping, creating loops on the fly in Ableton. I have a double neck guitar/bass plugged into my AX8, and would like to use the AX8 to add some Guitar and Bass parts. I've been experiencing some issues with this.

When I create my initial loop in Ableton, using Push as a controller, I am sending the tempo from Ableton to the AX8, engaging spillover, and setting the looper (in every patch) to quantize 1/4 notes and to record 16 beats. I lay down an initial guitar or bass part, and everything syncs up fine.

The issue is that when I switch to another patch, while the initial AX8 loop does keep playing, it loses the tempo. It just nudges it slightly off, which of course sounds really bad. I could use scenes within a patch to avoid this issue, but that doesn't work well when you are trying to loop both bass and guitar parts - I haven't been able to create a single patch that works for both.

Any issues on how to solve this?

Also - can anyone explain why maximum beats was set to 16 (4 bars)? 8 bars would have been really helpful. I guess this might be more of a wish :)

The tempo issue on preset change is a known issue. I reported this a couple of months ago and got the response that they'd be looking at the looper for a future firmware release but no time frame was given or specific promise to fix the MIDI sync issue.

Does anyone from Fractal Audio have an update on this one? Is it still being considered or is it on the back burner for the time being?

I have the exact same problem! I figured out, that the looper even looses its sync if I just change the scene. I am also very interested in a bugfix on this one.

Hi,
I'm testing my new AX8 and its looper with sync functionnalities.
I also have desynchronization troubles just by exiting the looper and reenter to the looper screen.
Do you guys have the same behaviour?
I don't know if it's the same issue but it seems to be related...

Back
Top Bottom