Possible Bug - MFC / Axe Edit interaction [NOT A BUG]

is9582

Power User
I'm using the most current of AxeFX software Q3.02 and when I pressed the MFC button to engage a drive, it was obvious the drive changed the tone/volume of the sound (so it was now engaged), but the drive block on the Axe Edit page never changed appearance from it's bypassed state. Has anyone else experienced this, or is this a known issue? I didn't find any mention of the same scenario as I scanned the forum.

Cheers,

Lee

I'm using the most current of AxeFX software Q3.02 and when I pressed the MFC button to engage a drive, it was obvious the drive changed the tone/volume of the sound (so it was now engaged), but the drive block on the Axe Edit page never changed appearance from it's bypassed state. Has anyone else experienced this, or is this a known issue? I didn't find any mention of the same scenario as I scanned the forum.

Cheers,

Lee

Engaging and bypassing effects on the MFC-101 will not always update the block states in Axe-Edit. To make Axe-Edit recognise such changes, its polling mechanism must be engaged. This can be accomplished by attaching the Bypass parameter of any block in the preset to a controller. The block doesn't have to be connected to anything on the grid (use a low CPU block)

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...it#Communication_between_Axe-Edit_and_MFC-101

It is recommended to pause axe edit when using external controllers. When you unpause the edit it will update any changes in axe fx state.

Thanks for the feedback gents. I don't know if I just haven't been paying attention, but I'd swear they have been in sync up until the last update. This was the main reason I brought this up. Disregard if I'm off base here. ;) Cheers.

Lee

Sometimes they sync, sometimes they don't. You can also change things in Axe Edit and not know whether the lights on the MFC-101 are telling the truth about the bypass state of a block. Seems to vary a little across versions - but you're right, it's occasionally annoying. Q3.02 is definitely one where I pause communications to test functionality. I can live with it very easily, but think you are right to have brought it up.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom