Possible bug in FW 18 beta7

guitardoc

Experienced
I updated today and have to say that most of the G3ed amps sound fantastic now. Thanks to FAS!!

However, besides some amps having different volume levels now I encountered a problem. While most of my presets were as I remember them two presets with very complex routings and amps in y-states in several scenes showed values that were completely off. Affected were 1987x jump and HBE. Everything else was just fine.

Seems amps in y-states that become active in scenes other than scene 1 are not updated correctly. Anyone else experienced that?

Here is one of the presets I had problems with:
View attachment 003 - Cln3SitarMGain.syx

When you go to scene2 amp1(y) you'll find the 87xjumpered Marshall. I am pretty sure the norm drive and negative feedback were not at ten when I saved them using FW17.04. Some other parameters are off too, eg. tube type. There may be more. Very strange.

I think I may have just found the same thing. I just updated to FW18.7b and my lead scene using Triptik modern has OD set at 10. I reverted back to 17.03 (where I was before) to confirm my settings and OD was set to 2.

This amp block is amp1/Y. The preset has does have 2 amp blocks.

I do remember several FWs back there was a similar bug that only affected the Y-state of blocks. I think that was also a beta :)

Here is one of the presets I had problems with:
View attachment 25038

When you go to scene2 amp1(y) you'll find the 87xjumpered Marshall. I am pretty sure the norm drive and negative feedback were not at ten when I saved them using FW17.04. Some other parameters are off too, eg. tube type. There may be more. Very strange.

That is no bug, these parameters are among the ones that got reset on every amp and here they got new default values.

That is no bug, these parameters are among the ones that got reset on every amp and here they got new default values.

Does that include OD? I didn't see any mention of parameters being reset. And why did it not affect the same in the X-state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All amps got reset, but the default values changed not on all amps. I guess only the G3 versions got new values, but I'm not sure.
Only parameters not related to the power amp stayed untouched, among them gain, bmtp ans eq. Everything related to the poweramp got reset to factory defaults.

I found an issue with my presets and I don't know for sure when this happened, but it might be beta 18 related. I have two amp blocks in parallel. Only one amp is activated per scene and the other is bypassed. Because of this setup I set Bypass Mode to Mute. I noticed yesterday that all my presets had their bypass mode set to Thru. I'm not sure if the beta update did this or not as I've been super busy with gigs and work and haven't been able to test this methodically. I thought I would mention it though just in case it might be useful information.

I found an issue with my presets and I don't know for sure when this happened, but it might be beta 18 related. I have two amp blocks in parallel. Only one amp is activated per scene and the other is bypassed. Because of this setup I set Bypass Mode to Mute. I noticed yesterday that all my presets had their bypass mode set to Thru. I'm not sure if the beta update did this or not as I've been super busy with gigs and work and haven't been able to test this methodically. I thought I would mention it though just in case it might be useful information.

That didn't happen to my presets, bypass mode is still mute on all presets.

It did happen on mine, but I assumed it was somewhere in the "reset all parameters" step, and that 'through' is the default that they got reset to. A pain? Maybe...but I can understand the rationale.

Ok, I have done some further testing and this sure does seem very like the bug affecting Y-state that occurred some FW versions back (as I mentioned in a previous post).

Starting in FW17.03, I took one of my affected presets (#41, AC20) and exported it as AC20-a.

In this preset, amp1/Y is the Triptik Modern with OD set to 2.

I then swapped X and Y on amp2 via Axe Edit, and exported this as AC20-b.

NO other changes made.

Next, I updated to FW18.07b.

Call up the preset #41, change amp1 to Y (Triptik) and OD is set to 10.

Load exported preset AC20-a, change amp1 to Y (Triptik) and OD is set to 10.

Load exported preset AC20-b, amp1 (Triptik) is active and OD is 2 - just like it is supposed to be according to my settings in the preset on FW17.

I am attaching screenshots and preset files.

Hopefully someone can look more seriously at this now.

normal.jpg

swapped.jpg

View attachment AC20-a.syx

View attachment AC20-b.syx

Same thing here. I had a USA II+C amp in the Y state on some presets, and the Overdrive paramater was cranked to 10.

Back
Top Bottom