Possible bug in Axe-edit block library

sandmannn69

Experienced
Possible bug in Axe-edit block library.

Reference posts 61, 62, and 73 in this thread (http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...her-all-pedal-effect-emulations-thread-4.html), some axe-edit users are unable to view and/or recall .blk files downloaded/copied to the \blocks folder under C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\blocks\. IOW, the .blk files are in the blocks folder, but are not appearing in the block library after re-starting Axe-edit.

Tried removing/re-installing Axe-edit, deleting the axe-edit settings file. BLK files were created using Axe-Edit version 3.02 or later (according to uploader), so shouldn't be any compatibility issues.

Also, as others have posted in this thread, after saving a block in the library from a preset, and exiting/restarting axe-edit, the block no longer appears in the library.

Using Axe-edit version 3.03, Axefx FW 12.02, Windows 7/64-bit

Last edited:
Can you confirm your block library is pointing where you expect it to point? From the menu: Settings -> Preferences

And then click 'Workspace' and make sure the 'Block Library' setting is pointing to the right directory.

Cool. Next thing to try: try saving a block from one of your existing presets. Then shut down Axe-Edit and start it up again. Help?

I tried that earlier, specifically the Pitch. No changes to it, just added it and saved it as a Block. It was present immediately afterwards but when I restarted Axe-Edit, it was gone. A Pitch subdirectory appeared in the Blocks folder and the .blk file was in there, it just stopped showing up in AxeEdit upon restart.

Cool. Next thing to try: try saving a block from one of your existing presets. Then shut down Axe-Edit and start it up again. Help?

Same here. The path is correct and even after saving an existing .blk they still don't show up when trying to recall. The folders and .blk files are in blocks but AE doesn't see them.

Last edited:
Exactly the same thing here as well, path is correct, when i save a block axe edit creates a sub folder for the particular effect and saves a blk file in that folder as soon as i exit Axe Edit and reopen the block file no longer shows up. Using Axe Edit 3.03.

Exactly the same thing here as well, path is correct, when i save a block axe edit creates a sub folder for the particular effect and saves a blk file in that folder as soon as i exit Axe Edit and reopen the block file no longer shows up. Using Axe Edit 3.03.

I hope someone is looking at this. It's a real problem for us. Past experience would show the Fractal team is excellent at addressing issues.

Is anyone experiencing this problem using OS X or is it just Windows where this occurs?

at work.. have not noticed this issue with current builds.. will try to replicate tonight (US Central Time).

Gentlemen, try running AE as Administrator.
The issue *may* be caused by folder management rights.

Gentlemen, try running AE as Administrator.
The issue *may* be caused by folder management rights.

Excellent suggestion. My account has admin rights but the program may need to run as "Administrator". I have the same situation at work with Visual Studio - it has to be run as Administrator for pretty much all my projects. Will try it tonight after work. Thanks Yek, I'll post here how it goes.

No good. Ran it as Administrator, saved a default Pitch block. Like before, it showed up in the list during the current editor session but was gone after closing / restarting as Admin.

I am having the exact same problem. Can't load blocks and even some of the blocks that I save, don't show up the next time I boot Axe Edit. Using 3.00.3.

In FAS -> Axe Edit- blocks all the folders are there, with files, but Axe Edit won't see them to recall. Tried running as administrator with no luck. Must be some sort of bug with AE.

FWIW, the computer I'm running AxeEdit on is our backup computer and is very basic:

Intel i5 2nd Generation processor
Win 7 64-bit
8GB RAM
Microsoft Office 2010, just Word & Excel
AxeEdit, Cab Lab, Fractal Bot - all are the most current versions

Hope this can get straightened out, as it's a bit frustrating to not be able to load in library blocks.

Also, check that the Settings file isn't write-protected accidentally, or saved in a folder which is write-protected.

Back
Top Bottom