Possible bug? Firmware 7.0 - popping sound when switching scenes

LeMur

Switching from Scene 3 to Scene 5 and from Scene 4 to Scene 6 causes loud popping sound.
Bypassing PEQ in Scenes 5 and 6 eliminate the problem.

Attachments

• Main.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Are you still connected to Axe Edit via USB when it is happening? Noticed a couple of pops when still connected after updating mine but went when disconnected from Axe edit.

This is mainly due to the use of the PEQ block. In Scene 3 the block is bypassed. In Scene 5 you are using a different channel with a flat EQ curve and the output level at 1.0 dB. If you simply leave the block bypassed and add 1 dB to the output block for that scene you won't get the pop.

Regardless we will fix this for the next release.

Are you still connected to Axe Edit via USB when it is happening? Noticed a couple of pops when still connected after updating mine but went when disconnected from Axe edit.
Tried connected and disconnected with the same result.

This is mainly due to the use of the PEQ block. In Scene 3 the block is bypassed. In Scene 5 you are using a different channel with a flat EQ curve and the output level at 1.0 dB. If you simply leave the block bypassed and add 1 dB to the output block for that scene you won't get the pop.
Thanks for suggestion. I know that there are different ways to do that. I just reported potential bug.

Regardless we will fix this for the next release.
It would be great. Thank you.

Just a little more info for trouble shooting purposes.

This Preset does not have a PEQ
Mine Pops very loud,when i scroll to scene 7, unamed, then freezes and no sound. If I change Presets, it Just pops, no sound, and full LED output clips. I have to turn the unit off and on to get it to work again.

This happens regardless of USB connected or not

Be aware it ill be very loud POP so don't connect your speaker if testing :)

Thanks !

Attachments

• LT JP2C 5MT JRP.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom