Bug? Possible bug - Axe-Fx forces itself as default audio device in Win7

laxu

Fractal Fanatic
Steps to repeat:

1. Have an audio device (internal soundcard, audio interface etc= selected as the default audio device.
2. Connect Axe-Fx 2 FW 10.02 via USB and turn it on.
3. Axe-Fx 2 audio device called "Speakers" is set as the default audio device, overriding the user selected one.

What should happen:
When Axe-Fx is connected and turned on, the selected default audio device should be respected. All that should happen is Axe-Fx being added to the list of audio devices.

What happens instead:
Axe-Fx disregards any default audio device you have selected and forces itself as the default audio device.

I have *never* observed the driver doing that on Win7x64. I've installed the drivers and AE many, many times and never once had it override the default audio device.

Are you running Win7 "Home Edition" perhaps?
Do you have ASIO4ALL installed ?
Other midi/audio devices (other than system defaults) installed ?

PS: I just tried it.. defaults to my PC speakers which is the default audio device. There is an option for the Axe Speakers listed, but it will not default to that unless I have previously selected it as the default output device. In that case, yes, it will go back to that at next startup.

The default audio device is chosen by the OS. The hardware or the hardware's driver doesn't set the default device. The user can select the default device in the control panel.

Back
Top Bottom