Possibility of adding more CPU

My concerns with the AxeFx isn't lack of CPU power but rather the cumbersome method of adjusting parameters when working on a preset. Perhaps Cliff could talk to Algrenadine about using his RAC12 hardware and intergrating those type of controls!

My concerns with the AxeFx isn't lack of CPU power but rather the cumbersome method of adjusting parameters when working on a preset. Perhaps Cliff could talk to Algrenadine about using his RAC12 hardware and intergrating those type of controls!

I guess if I were forced to use the front panel to create presets I might agree, but I love Axe-Edit.

I have praise for the editing program as well but have you noticed that when ever you make an adjustment on the front panel the edit app times out. That said all I am pointing to is for the future iteration of our favorite little amp computer, make it more like an amp. Rotary/Push contollers with thier own little OLED displays, as many as possible and I will pay the price!

I have praise for the editing program as well but have you noticed that when ever you make an adjustment on the front panel the edit app times out. That said all I am pointing to is for the future iteration of our favorite little amp computer, make it more like an amp. Rotary/Push contollers with thier own little OLED displays, as many as possible and I will pay the price!

I honestly never (and I can't stress that enough) use the front panel to edit presets at all, so if Axe-Edit times out after using it, I'd be the last to know. For me, changing the front panel controls wouldn't improve my experience creating or editing presets, but for people like yourself it might be just the thing.

when ever you make an adjustment on the front panel the edit app times out.
Time out? Or does it Pause? The system was never intended for BOTH Edit and front panel use. But if you mean it Pauses when you adjust the front panel, there is an option to turn that off. It pauses because we aren't supposed to edit the front panel or other midi controllers while Edit is running. It's an Editor, not meant for performance or play through.

I make these points for the future release of our favorite guitar gear, all of it involves continued stress and expense for Cliff!

Just wondering... from a bang-for-the-buck point-of view it might make sense to slap a small FPGA onto the board for the impulse response models. A latency-free (1 sample) 48kSamples/second 18-bit convolution with 2k points can be mapped onto a single hardware multiplier at 100 MSPS, and a 10$ FPGA has a dozen of them.. it's mainly a question of buying enough on-chip memory and getting the data in/out is the hard part. Anyway, just thinking aloud, I don't need more power.

For people who say they don't mind spending the money, they could get a used Eventide Orville for ~$1800. It's four ins, four outs, and two DSPs, so you could have it in front of the Axe-FX and in the loop at the same time, with either or both DSPs available in either position. You wouldn't need to use ANY effects in the Axe-FX this way, and could use it just for amp and cab sims.

For people who say they don't mind spending the money, they could get a used Eventide Orville for ~$1800. It's four ins, four outs, and two DSPs, so you could have it in front of the Axe-FX and in the loop at the same time, with either or both DSPs available in either position. You wouldn't need to use ANY effects in the Axe-FX this way, and could use it just for amp and cab sims.
Or a new H8000---only 5600$!?

Well, you could do that, but I'm not sure the H8000 would really do anything extra for you in a guitar rig over the Orville, and the Orville is a lot cheaper.
agreed....and the recent Anthology X plugin pack will give you much of the functionality of either of those units.....

Back
Top Bottom