Portomento in AxeFX Ultra?

paultanderberg

Inspired
So, I used to have an Electro-Harmonix HOG pedal. Really only used it for an octave down setting, but i had a portomento setting programmed in. Even though I never used it in a gig setting, I liked the option just in case the need would arise. I really only use the AFX for amps, not FX right now. Is this possible? I apologize if anyone has asked this before

(For those who don't know, portomento is the ability to "glide" between two notes/chords by holding the first note with an expression pedal and then on release, it "glides" into the second note.)

As far as I understand, this can only be accomplished within the Synth block. I don't think this is exactly what you are looking for but... You might find some use for it. In any event, you can still have some fun with it. Enjoy!

From my collected notes:

Glide Control In 'Synth Block'
From Bakerman (Thu Aug 05, 2010)

You can set up PORTAMENTO now like this:

Track ENV. only

Assign PITCH as Modifier for Freq

Adjust Scale & Offset to match Pitch of Guitar
(Scale 63.8 and Offset somewhere near the same value IIRC)

Use DAMPING to set PORTAMENTO TIME

Thanks for the info Johnnyrockit! With a pair of synth blocks in parallel (4 voices - different waveforms) into a fuzz, Plexi, 4x1-25w setup I got some really twisted results - very cool!

Last edited:
This one's weird but it does illustrate the portamento concept detailed above by Johnnyrockit.

There are four synth voices (two per block) in this example. controller changes made to any one voice would need to be duplicated in the others for a smooth effect. Of course setting them differently could be interesting.

Attachments

• Messed Up Synth.syx
    2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom