Portable Stand or Table

James Nash I like the looks of this keyboard stand but its pricey and would be bigger than needed. The one I want to weld up will be based on this one. I like that all the parts will fold flat for transport.OmegaStdRed-large.jpg

NncMQWY.jpg

Last edited:
James Nash I like the looks of this keyboard stand but its pricey and would be bigger than needed. The one I want to weld up will be based on this one. I like that all the parts will fold flat for transport.View attachment 52608

Folding flat is a bonus! Although... I was looking at your current design and thinking if it fit over the wedge in the car, it would hardly take up any extra space, so maybe just as good depending on how you travel...

Cheers!

-James

These work really nicely:

https://g.co/kgs/srfDru

Quik-Lok WS540.

Been using them for several years with no issues.
+1 on the several mentions of this one. Absolutely stable, transports easily, speaker fits below in any of several orientations, and is height adjustable. After a slew of stand options tried and later put in storage, this one has stayed for years of regular gigging.

A picture with the II six years ago when I started using it: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/compact-stand-option-working-great.62436/#post-774728

Last edited:
This is the least cool, least sexy, most dorky, last thing a musician should ever use - LOL. That said, after using this, my On-Stage RS7705 is gathering dust. As small as it is, compared to this it's very heavy and takes up too much space on the load-in dolly.

The step stool is extremely compact, folds flat, weighs nothing, costs almost nothing and holds 200+ pounds. The 11 inch version puts my racks at a perfect height to tweak mixing board on iPad, grab picks, slide, capo and make the occasional tweak. There are taller versions.

To better secure the racks, I drape a length of rubber anti-slip tool box liner over it. It helps hide the stool, and I've yet to pull or knock the racks off in spite of myself.
47146566371_7caa322238.jpg
46423318844_3c9865c50a_n.jpg

Last edited:
I have done a bit of searching but didn't see too much on this topic. What are you guys using to put the Axe-GX rack on? Portable table, folding rack of some kind, or what? I have a six space rack and tried using my buddies amp stand. It kinda works, but the arms aren't long enough and doesn't balance well.

I may be searching poorly, so if anyone knows of a thread thelat discusses this already, please let me know and don't flog me too hard.
I also use a keyboard stand! You can see the height of it in my profile picture(I'm 6'1").
My Rack has sections that stick out a couple of inches on each side and fits perfect!

Back
Top Bottom