Portable Stand or Table

Genghis

Power User
I have done a bit of searching but didn't see too much on this topic. What are you guys using to put the Axe-GX rack on? Portable table, folding rack of some kind, or what? I have a six space rack and tried using my buddies amp stand. It kinda works, but the arms aren't long enough and doesn't balance well.

I may be searching poorly, so if anyone knows of a thread thelat discusses this already, please let me know and don't flog me too hard.

i usually put it on the ground.
IMG_0709.JPG

depending on the gig, i'll have it stand facing straight up if i need access to it.
IMG_1901.jpg
IMG_5148.jpg

i used to use this amp stand thing, but it's more hassle than i feel it's worth, and takes up a bunch of room:
Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.00.20 AM.png
10410838_977214072294745_7915712873467698941_n.jpg

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...0-folding-tiltback-amp-stand-large-120lbs-max

recently i bought this folding table and keep it in my car if i absolutely need some table thing, but i haven't used it yet. i have a small black sheet to cover it:

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 9.40.56 AM.png

Amazon product ASIN B01M7228V9

Ya know, facing up might work. One of those why didn't i think of that moments.
just be careful about heat. i'll put a rack cover on the ground perpendicular first, then sit the rack on top of that. provides a bit of clearance and air flow, and room for cables.

I found a Worx portable workbench that might do the trick. It says it will support up to 300 lbs and it has a 24 x 24 inch top. I am playing sitting down, at least until i get my hip replaced, and I like to have it close to where I sit.

I completely forgot that i also need to have my GR55 on top of it, and that negates the facing up idea, even though it looked like a good one at first.

An older version of this is what I have (on stage stands mix 400). Axe III is in a Gator 4u rack bag that sits nicely on the stand.

12562_MIX400_OSS_main.jpg&w=800&h=800

I put this together out of 1/2 cabinet grade plywood. To cheap to spend the money on metal to weld something up but I recently picked up a couple cheap keyboard stands I plan on building this out of. I want to add a guitar hanger on the side as well as some type of bracket to hold iMac laptop or iPad above it. This is usually behind me. Sometimes I use a 2x12 upright behind me and just set the rack on that. Depends on the room and space.

IMG_3189.jpg IMG_3190.jpg

Not real sexy, but lightweight, cost-effective, portable, and plenty strong enough to hold my 4u rack:

41aiACSMy4L.jpg

Search Amazon for "Tablecraft 31" Double Bar Metal Folding Tray Stand"

I use the quicklock too usually, hard to travel with is my only gripe, it folds into a T, and is heavy. Recently I've been using a small foldable plastic table i got at homedepot, that allows me to put my rack on one side, and my guitar stand case thingy on the other, and all lids and stuff below it. I like having my guitars up where it's easier to reach. folds up nice and is light, yet sturdy enough.

I had been eyeballing one of these.
Quik-Lok WS-640 Compact

View attachment 52605
Aside from the spring loaded adjustment knobs, I'm trying to tell what is different between the WS540 I posted and this one. The product pages from Quik-Lok don't help :(

It appears the WS640 may be able to be adjusted lower...

The knobs seem like something prone to break or cause injury during setup for a gig.

Back
Top Bottom