• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Portable Rack for Gigs

RubenSilva

Hi guys,

I'm new into the fractal world and I'm looking for options to play my new AXE FX II live.
I searched on the forums but everyone has different need and I am a little bit lost with all this information so I decided to create this topic.

For the moment I have an AXE FX II, a VOES MX12 as a midi pedalboard and a wireless Line 6 Relay 50, pedal format.
I am planning to buy a 4U or a 6U rack with wheels to carry it on the train and the parisian metro for the gigs.

I will plug my Axe FX II directly in the FOH but I also need a power amp to have sound behind me on a cab and for guys the front row.

So I need a not too heavy good sounding power amp, not a killing machine like the matrix or the freyette but just good enought to have it as a back up and for the front row just in front on the stage, they won't hear anything from the monitors of the FOH. I also need it to be very versatile. I don't know on which type of cabs I will play, sometimes in 8oms, sometimes in 16oms ... totaly random depending on the material available on the venue. So i would like a power amp who is plug and play like and supports al type of cabs.
I need it to be 1U, what do you think about the rocktron velocity 100 ? Not powerful enough for stage ?
Do you have any ideas of which one could be good for me in my case ?

I discovered the BBE Sonic Maximizer 882i, is it so important or can I achieve a great stage tone without it, just tweaking the axe ?
I am also planning to buy a furman power mx10, do you think it will be good enough ?
Do you see any other needs for stage playing for my rack and do you think this configuration would work ?
Also, what type of cables will I need for the Axe to FOH, axe to cabinet, power, etc ?

So my configuration would be :
Axe FX II - VOES MX-12 - Power amp - BE Maximizer ? - Line 6 Relay - Furman Power Supply - Random Cab + FOH

I know it sounds like a pretty standard configuration but I am realy lost with all this new stuff and need a little help. My goal is to have a little rack portable on the metro, not too heavy so I can lift it on the stairs of the metro haha, but also sounding good and who will give me my album sound for my gigs.

Thanks a lot guys and have a nice day.

Ruben

Lohengrin

Yep, I would say it seems a pretty standard config. Anyway, I'm sure other forumites will step in with lots of good ideas. But I just only wanted to say one thing: Imagining myself carrying all that stuff in the metro, up and down... well, it gives me the shivers, to say the least. And you usually also need to carry a guitar indeed.

I'm sure your mileage may vary, but I for myself won't be willing to carry anything like that by hand across the city.

In your situation... I would go to hell and back to thin things up. I would go FM3+L6 if possible. I know that's a quite different setup, so maybe intermediate options could be found. Maybe a 2U rack bag for AxeFX and L6. A 3U rack to add power if absolutelly necessary, and ditch everything else. I would absolutelly prefer taking the risk of a power surge than of hurting my wrist.

I'm sorry if this seems overly pessimistic. I guess I'm getting old! :sweatsmile: :sweatsmile: :sweatsmile:

RubenSilva

Thanks man !
I can't aford an axe FX II AND an FM 3, if I buy the FM 3 I will have to sell my Axe FX II :/ And I need it for the studio too. Is the FM3 same thing as the Axe FX 3 ?... Is it a sort of AX8 for Axe FX 3 ?

The 2U bag will be pretty heavy to carry it as a bag :/ Maybe a U2 rack with wheels ? Just the AXE FX II and the power amp should be fine or I need a furman ? I just put myself into racks and it's so complicated haha ...
What can cause a power surge in stage? :/

Thanks a lot and sorry about all the questions but I'm a newbie haha

Top Bottom