portable axe/mfc setup? for gigs etc

adildo

Inspired
hello all i've finally got the mfc and the axe and strangely right after getting the mfc, have gotten calls to start playing regular gigs at a pub.
will need to be able to get to the gig after teaching guitar in the day, while carrying as little as possible. how does everyone manage to carry it around in an efficient manner. currently i've got the gator gbrw2u case for rolling the axe around but would need a bag to carry the guitar and the mfc if possible. ive talked to pauliusmm and he has posted about having a guitar bag with a extra space for the mfc, but i am having trouble finding someone to make a case for me. currently i have a laptop bag for the mfc but it doesnt look to well padded. and would be scared to accidentally drop the mfc in a bag like that. what do u guys use to carry the mfc?

I use a standardized Thomann THON effect suitcase for the MFC. Medium size. It's heavy and fucking huge, but the only thing that was big enough to fit the MFC, two expression pedals and an external footswitch in. I sewed an MFC-shaped hole into the inlay board so that the MFC "sinks in" and sits tight with some velcro attached to the back. Other pedals are also attached with velcro.
All cables needed also go in there.

Then I have a 3 unit 19" rack for the Axe and any additional stuff that I might need (extra cables, laptop if needed), but will sooner or later expand it with either a wireless system or an in-ear monitoring unit.

Guitar goes into gigbag or is being carried by other bandmates.

All in all, this stuff weights a friggin' ton. Definitely helps to lift weights now and then if you plan to use public transport, lol.

I use a standardized Thomann THON effect suitcase for the MFC. Medium size. It's heavy and fucking huge, but the only thing that was big enough to fit the MFC, two expression pedals and an external footswitch in. I sewed an MFC-shaped hole into the inlay board so that the MFC "sinks in" and sits tight with some velcro attached to the back. Other pedals are also attached with velcro.
All cables needed also go in there.

well if orgot to mention that a) one of the days i am replacing a guitar, and will have to come straight from teaching and b) the other gig wil be a duo type setting :( so i guess no help from bandmates or anyone else for that matter :(!
Then I have a 3 unit 19" rack for the Axe and any additional stuff that I might need (extra cables, laptop if needed), but will sooner or later expand it with either a wireless system or an in-ear monitoring unit.

Guitar goes into gigbag or is being carried by other bandmates.

All in all, this stuff weights a friggin' ton. Definitely helps to lift weights now and then if you plan to use public transport, lol.

well if orgot to mention that a) one of the days i am replacing a guitarist, and will have to come straight from teaching and b) the other gig wil be a duo type setting :( so i guess no help from bandmates or anyone else for that matter :(!

I use GATOR GRR-6L. It has a plastic cover but metal bracings inside, built-in wheels and a long pull out handle (that's what you'd like for sure!). AFX, MFC, 4 pedals and all cables fits in, and there's still about 2 units room for future upgrades. I just wrap my MFC in a small blanket to get some bumper...

I use GATOR GRR-6L. It has a plastic cover but metal bracings inside, built-in wheels and a long pull out handle (that's what you'd like for sure!). AFX, MFC, 4 pedals and all cables fits in, and there's still about 2 units room for future upgrades. I just wrap my MFC in a small blanket to get some bumper...
You're sure that this is a good idea? Computer-based electronics are usually very vulnerable against vibrations and shocks.
I'd probably do that for the pedalboard, but never for the Axe.

I've got an Odyssey rack case/bag for my Axe, a Pedaltrain PT-2 with bag for my MFC and expression pedals, and I put my guitars in Kases gig bags (single or double, depending on the gig). If I don't need to bring in my FRFR speakers, then it's easily one trip. If I do, I have a Grundorf Roadrunner collapsible gear cart that I can load up the speakers, Axe, and MFC all on, with some bungee cords for security.

I've got an Odyssey rack case/bag for my Axe, a Pedaltrain PT-2 with bag for my MFC and expression pedals, and I put my guitars in Kases gig bags (single or double, depending on the gig). If I don't need to bring in my FRFR speakers, then it's easily one trip. If I do, I have a Grundorf Roadrunner collapsible gear cart that I can load up the speakers, Axe, and MFC all on, with some bungee cords for security.

is your pt-2 the one with the soft case or the hard case?? hope its cheap here to get that~! :(

so right now i guess i will have the axe II ( in the gbrw2u ) rolling in one hand, and if i get the pt-2 . will carry in a nother hand
and guitar on my back. might think of getting the gear cart if its necessary for bringing everything aroudn for myself.

is your pt-2 the one with the soft case or the hard case?? hope its cheap here to get that~! :(

so right now i guess i will have the axe II ( in the gbrw2u ) rolling in one hand, and if i get the pt-2 . will carry in a nother hand
and guitar on my back. might think of getting the gear cart if its necessary for bringing everything aroudn for myself.

I have the soft case. It has both a handle as well as a shoulder strap, and a very large pocket for cables, folders, etc. The Odyssey case is great, too, with a really nice shoulder strap as well.

Back
Top Bottom