Port City 2x12 OS Wave - V30s + SM57

Hi there guys,

I've finally gotten around to shooting some IRs of the Port City 2x12 OS that I picked up back in January. This is my first attempt at shooting IRs and I've only got a less than ideal room and a single SM57 to work with, but I think some of these are pretty decent and at least usable. These positions were all picked by ear while flicking between a few different amp models, namely the Friedman HBE, Carol-Ann Tucana and Plexi 50W Jumpered. I tried to get them all having the same sort of character that the cab has in the room, but with enough variation in brightness for different tastes. My personal favourites are the first few. I don't have Cab-Lab 3, but if anyone would like to make some blends and post them here, that would be great.

I'm not sure how active the User IR community is these days - I've certainly been out of the loop since picking up cab pack 7 and 13 - but I would love some feedback on these so that I can give it another go over the next week and make you guys and myself some better IRs.

This is the cab and poweramp in question:

-vOQhSHwSb5xIc_ooAId4WjlGazvni4sd17dFMjCke4

I hope you like them and I would love to hear what you think of them. Thanks!

Attachments

• Port City 2x12 OS V30 SM57 01.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Port City 2x12 OS V30 SM57 02.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Port City 2x12 OS V30 SM57 03.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Port City 2x12 OS V30 SM57 04.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Port City 2x12 OS V30 SM57 05.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Port City 2x12 OS V30 SM57 06.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Port City 2x12 OS V30 SM57 07.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Port City 2x12 OS V30 SM57 08.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Port City 2x12 OS V30 SM57 09.syx
  • Port City 2x12 OS V30 SM57 10.syx
Last edited:
No problem, guys. I would love to know what you guys think of them or hear some clips of you using them if you've got the time. :) I might try shooting some more tonight or later in the week.

just ran through them really quickly, not the BIGGEST fan of the SM57 alone but these sound pretty damn good for your first shot. :)

just ran through them really quickly, not the BIGGEST fan of the SM57 alone but these sound pretty damn good for your first shot. :)
Yeah, I've never been a fan of SM57s by themselves either. As far as that sound goes though, these IRs work pretty well. Hopefully I can get access to some better microphones soon so I can produce something better. Thanks for trying them out. :D

Hi there guys,

I've finally gotten around to shooting some IRs of the Port City 2x12 OS that I picked up back in January. This is my first attempt at shooting IRs and I've only got a less than ideal room and a single SM57 to work with, but I think some of these are pretty decent and at least usable. These positions were all picked by ear while flicking between a few different amp models, namely the Friedman HBE, Carol-Ann Tucana and Plexi 50W Jumpered. I tried to get them all having the same sort of character that the cab has in the room, but with enough variation in brightness for different tastes. My personal favourites are the first few. I don't have Cab-Lab 3, but if anyone would like to make some blends and post them here, that would be great.

I'm not sure how active the User IR community is these days - I've certainly been out of the loop since picking up cab pack 7 and 13 - but I would love some feedback on these so that I can give it another go over the next week and make you guys and myself some better IRs.

This is the cab and poweramp in question:

-vOQhSHwSb5xIc_ooAId4WjlGazvni4sd17dFMjCke4

I hope you like them and I would love to hear what you think of them. Thanks!
Awesome! THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom