Porcupine Tree - "Open car" cover

PORCUPINE TREE cover with my fractal axe FX II XL+
For the Rithm i use "hot Kitty" amp
For the clean a blues jr amp, piezo (with a taylor tonematch find on the web) or a mix of two signals

The Cab is BASKETWEAVE TV mix

The first time I saw porcupine tree using the Bad Cat amps, I immediately went out and bought a hot cat 30r. Have been playing it for years! GREAT amp. But now I use axe-fx lll. Your cover is really incredible. What did you use to remove the original guitar? That was Steven Wilson Vocals, wasn't it?

My understanding is that Steven used a Bad Cat Lynx not a Hot Cat... Not sure how different they are.

Regardless, the cover sounds great!

The first time I saw porcupine tree using the Bad Cat amps, I immediately went out and bought a hot cat 30r. Have been playing it for years! GREAT amp. But now I use axe-fx lll. Your cover is really incredible. What did you use to remove the original guitar? That was Steven Wilson Vocals, wasn't it?

Thank you so much for watching my video, I recorded all the guitars and i found the backing track without guitars and with the voice of Steven on the web!:D

My understanding is that Steven used a Bad Cat Lynx not a Hot Cat... Not sure how different they are.

Regardless, the cover sounds great!

you're right!, I tried to emulate his sound with the only badcat amp in the fractal, anyway thank you, I'm glad you like the video 😄

Great job, and a great tune to cover. It's a trip to hear Steven's mostly unprocessed vocals during the chorus. It's cool to see you do the whole song on one guitar and mostly live. Very well done. Now do "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here". Kidding, kidding...:)

Great job, and a great tune to cover. It's a trip to hear Steven's mostly unprocessed vocals during the chorus. It's cool to see you do the whole song on one guitar and mostly live. Very well done. Now do "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here". Kidding, kidding...:)

thank you!!
arriving somewhere but not here is impossible to play perfectly. maybe one day, when I'm better at playing guitar, I'll do a video cover! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

This is fantastic Jack! Great cover and great tone!

Open Car is the first song I ever heard of Porcupine Tree, and the one that made me immediately purchase In Absentia and Deadwing back in day. (Open Car was on a list of recommended tracks in a Neal Peart interview I read)... now my favorite band (along with Steven Wilson albums)

Anybody able to dial in the "Dark Matter" lead tone? Haven't been able to track down what gear he used back then.

Back
Top Bottom