AFIII Porcupine Tree cover - firmware 3.0

a Devin Townsend pack...that's one I'd get straight away, if there was Ocean Machine sounds in it. Two Mesa heads mixed center with a [ T H I R D ] wet solid state effects amp going Left/Right :D I bet a drive pedal and a multi-comp would do the same as a GP-100

Last edited:
Fantastic job Fremen and ShatteredSquare. It's great that Fremen has been flying the PT and prog flag for such a long time. Love your PF presets. This is a great version, true to the original but putting your own spin on it. Loved it.

Fantastic job Fremen and ShatteredSquare. It's great that Fremen has been flying the PT and prog flag for such a long time. Love your PF presets. This is a great version, true to the original but putting your own spin on it. Loved it.
Thanks ! :)

It was an accident. you send me cover, i sing cover. I'll try to recreate my stomp box vocal chain in the AFX3 next time so it's relevant to the forum though. I bet i can get it 1-better using the side chain of a gate on input 1 and get the gain up afterwards with comps, + I also want to try to use a passthru IR on the cab block to use the cab preamp on it :grin: that preamp is juicy. Unless I can get in a real quiet environment the pedal gates get opened with just a little bit of noise if you add much compression

I tend to love the songs from 3 albums the most : Ocean Machine, Infinity, Terria. "Life", "Bastard", "Regulator", "Deep peace"... I don't always remember the titles ! But I would favor "Life" if I had to cover something. Easier as I already covered it with my old band, and I don't really have time to learn new songs these days ;) and it's a great song anyway

Thanks for the Open car MIDI file, did you received the MIDI I sent you by email?

I tend to love the songs from 3 albums the most : Ocean Machine, Infinity, Terria. "Life", "Bastard", "Regulator", "Deep peace"... I don't always remember the titles ! But I would favor "Life" if I had to cover something. Easier as I already covered it with my old band, and I don't really have time to learn new songs these days ;) and it's a great song anyway

Thanks for the Open car MIDI file, did you received the MIDI I sent you by email?

i did not even see that zip file wtf :eek: i will take a gander, that's a lot of midi. Just about to start Jacob's Ladder, give me an hour or two.

LMAO 8-bit Porcupine Tree straight out of 1993

Last edited:
As I said, I used to play "Life", "The start of something beautiful" and "Blackest eyes" with my old band... Here's a live recording from 2007 :

Songs : 0:00 Ode to the sun (Dredg) ; 1:35 Blackest eyes (Porcupine Tree) ; 2:30 Life (Devin Townsend) ; 4:52 Locust (Psychotic Waltz) ; 5:47 Until Tomorrow (Feedback) ; 7:12 Priceless innocence (Feedback) ; 10:42 The start of something beautiful (Porcupine Tree)

That was our first gig in ten years (we were mostly active between 1987 and 1998). Audio and video are not great, plus the FOH guy put the voice too loud and too dry, which didn't help our singer who had flu. The tempo on that version of "Start of something" is way too high...

No Axe-Fx back then ;) Laboga Rad III combo amp and a Boss GT8 in 4CM

Last edited:
Hey, hey @fremen - I saw you did a Psychotic Waltz cover -- don't see that too often! I love those guys, hometown heroes of mine. A Social Grace and Into the Everflow are two massively influential albums to me. For those prog fans who don't know about them, definitely worth looking into IMO.

Hey, hey @fremen - I saw you did a Psychotic Waltz cover -- don't see that too often! I love those guys, hometown heroes of mine. A Social Grace and Into the Everflow are two massively influential albums to me. For those prog fans who don't know about them, definitely worth looking into IMO.

No idea how I missed these guys over the years, they even formed a few miles from me. I've been listening to them the last couple of hours, awesome.

Back
Top Bottom