Pops and crackles when used as audio device, help!

Pelikanen

Inspired
Hi everyone!

I have an AxeFx II XL. Today I was going to record as usual. Selected the Axe as my audio device in Logic Pro 9 for re-amping purposes. For the first time the sound started ”popping” ”crackle” and ”clicking”. Any thoughts?

My Axe is connected both via USB to my iMac and via MIDI and two patch cables into two channels through my Focusrite Saffire. The Axe performs flawlessly when it's is not selected as my audio device and I'm just playing through Saffire. However it craps out as soon as it’s selected as an audio device, both inside and outside of Logic. Never had any problems with this before. I’m sure it can be solved but don’t know how.

I’ve had the Axe for almost a year now, never had any problems with it until now. I’ve never done any firmware updates, the one installed is 14.03, April 17th, 2014.

Check CPU usage, CPU>90% might do that. Using the Axe as interface increases CPU load. I always record/play through my Saffire for that very reason.

I also found certain USB ports can sound pretty bad when plugging all my stuff back in to different ones after i moved house

Back
Top Bottom