Pop happens while using scenes

Discussion in 'AX8 Discussion' started by Gary Tarplee, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Gary Tarplee

Gary Tarplee
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

So, I am using scenes. One amp, one cab, no x/y switching throughout 5 scenes. Modifiers are enabled on drive trim, input trim, input volume and master volume. Scene one is my clean scene. The volume becomes very low in this channel due to removing all of the high gain. I believe my drive and input trim are set below 2. When I change from this scene to any other scene, I get a pop.
    Scene two, three and four are my rhythm scenes and are almost identical except for effects. No issues going between these scenes. But if I go from any of these scenes to scene one, I get that pop.
    Scene five is my lead scene. I want this scene to be +4db higher than my rhythm scenes. I have no issues going between 2, 3, 4, or 5. But if I go from this scene into scene one, I get that pop.

Now, it's important for me to relay as well that this "pop" as I keep calling it is actually like a 1/4 second long inrush of loud volume. It happens so quickly, it sounds like a pop.
    I really want to use the scene function and I just keep hitting road blocks with it. It seems to be the most seemless easy of changing presets live. Any help on this would be totally appreciated.

2. Smittefar

Smittefar
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Can you upload the preset?

You posted a video on facebook, it might be helpful, if you post it here as well (I would link, but the AX8 group is closed, so I don't think it will work to link directly)

3. addedc

addedc
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Do you have USB plugged in and/or are you using the editor? That can cause this.

4. Sixstring

Sixstring
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Have you increased the levels in any of the other blocks to compensate for the low volume in scene 1?

5. Glenn DeLaune

Glenn DeLaune
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

That's usually caused by the output volumes. Put them all to Zero. Also popping will occur if you are pushing the DSP too much.