Pop/Country track (no vocals) Euro blue (mid gain) 65 bassman

57junior

Guitar is an LSL T-Bone with Lollars. Bass is through the axe. It was a stereo wet/dry thing where the left side had the SVT and a 4x10 on it and the right side was a straight DI. All other processing was done with the waves mercury bundle.

Drums were recorded at Century studios in ATL.

I'll post the settings (if you want them) later today when i'm at my gig.

Your feedback is appreciated!!

GREAT tune and sound. I would back off the levels a bit, as I heard quite a bit of audio distortion. Once you drop the levels, you may not need to compress the mix as much. Also, a tad more sparkle might be nice! Keep up the great work!

Very nice!

I hear so many tracks with virtual drums and drum loops these days so when I hear real drums they jump out and really give a track energy.

Guitars sound great, although without hearing the vocals etc it's hard to tell how they work in the final track. One thing that caught me off guard, although without knowing how it's meant to work in context of the final mix, was the guitar dropping out abruptly at 2:20. It felt like it should have faded underneath the other guitar part for about 2 beats. But again it's all about context.

yeah. all valid suggestions on the mix. I'm not mixing it though. i just did the guitars at my house and sent the stems back. this is the rough bounce i did to put up here. by the way... forgot to upload the presets. i'll do it tomorrow.

Very nice!

I hear so many tracks with virtual drums and drum loops these days so when I hear real drums they jump out and really give a track energy.

Guitars sound great, although without hearing the vocals etc it's hard to tell how they work in the final track. One thing that caught me off guard, although without knowing how it's meant to work in context of the final mix, was the guitar dropping out abruptly at 2:20. It felt like it should have faded underneath the other guitar part for about 2 beats. But again it's all about context.

yeah the stems have the ring out on that bridge part. i wasnt sure what to do there. i'm sure the engineer mixing it (brian meadows in atlanta. hes freaking great.) is gonna do a good job with it.

RE: the drums. Josh Manuel (Josh Manuel - YouTube if you want to check out his drum covers) is 22 and he is just a fantastic musician. he is one of my best friends, and one of the most talented people ive ever known.

Back
Top Bottom