pop and drive tail when switching channels

cannibal

1st, a big thanks to such a great community. I'm on week 2 of my fx8, yes, it's been a love/hate relationship but I slowly getting my base tone down for my first rehearsal with this thing. But, I'm getting nervous cause my first gig without my old pedalboard is coming up on 12/9!

Anyways, I have a preset where a scene goes from a held, dirty A chord, to a clean setting with lots of effects on it. (we are a judas priest tribute, so if anyone wants to hear the original track, it's The Sentinel...)
So when I make the change, I get a pop, and the gain trails into the next scene. It's very annoying and I can't have it do that. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I've attached the preset if anyone wants to check it out....

Thanks again guys!

Attachments

• THE SENTINEL.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
I haven't been able to fix this problem yet. I've got my first rehearsal tonight with the FX8 and am dreading the embarrassing "POP", even worse, my first gig with the FX8 is coming up on 12/9 (which is what prompted me to get this unit) and I fear the "POP"
No ideas?

What amp are you using here?

Are you going from the Dirty channel to your clean channel? Is there a pop when the FX are all turned OFF & you switch channels using the FX8?

X

Mesa Mark IV- But, I haven't even started with channel switching. I'm switching to a scene with drive block off, effects on, input turned down, output turned up (to compensate for volume drop due to the input being turned down)- its so I can go from a dirty sound to clean WITHOUT changing channels on the amp itself. Kinda cheating, I guess.
Also, it didn't seem to do it at full volume at rehearsal tonight....Its been doing it at home all week though!

SOLVED! I got the necessary cable for channel switching from Best-Tronics (the one with all the cables needed in a custom loom-pricey but kick ass!)
Anyways, I needed my clean channel to be loud, so I bumped up the the volume in the gate/out for that scene in the Fractal.....Wrong move. I brought that down to unity and cranked the clean channel on the amp itself.....Problem solved!

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom