Poor man's path To Fractal Goodness

ps43203

Experienced
Hey all, I thought it would be nice to post how I finally, got into an axe-fx, with little to no money. I know there are a lot of people who cannot afford an axe, including me, so I hope this can help someone in a similar situation.
I am on disability and have not worked in 8 years. I have 3 kids, one of which is disabled also, she has downs and autism. So money is ULTRA tight, pun intended, lol. I have been a guitar player most of my life and had every amp, preamp, modeller, you can think of. When I blew my back apart, gear acquisition came to a grinding halt. Well, due to my issues the axe is a great solution. Initially, I wanted to get II and was looking for anyway possible to get one, but I finally caved into settling for an ultra. I finally decided to try and trade, all the gear I had left, into getting an Ultra. It took me a year, to find someone that would trade a bunch of old units for an Axe-Fx Ultra. So, I finally found a dealer, that agreed, to take on my old rig and with my son's help, we packed it all up and sent it off and I FINALLY now have an Axe-Fx Ultra. It is not a II, but it is better than almost everything else out there and I am happy as hell to finally be a part of the Fractal society, even though I have a gen 1 unit. So for those broke, or poor, it is possible to get an axe-fx. You just need to think outside the box and look at anything, you can possibly do, to fit your situation and with a little luck, it can be done. Merry Christmas and good vibes and tones to all.

Dan

Long time FAS user here. I finally sold (a few months ago) my Ultra. Although FAS has certainly continued to make strides forward with the XL and XL+, that does not take anything away from the Ultra. I loved it when I bought it, and still loved it when I sold it. Sold it to a friend who had a major desire to buy it. The Ultra is STILL a great modeler. Congrats Dan, and have a blessed Christmas.

Thanks John, same to you brother. I knew I would like it, but I had no idea the depth and quality of tone that truly can be achieved. Now I look forward to the II someday.

Still running ghetto gear, on the monitoring side of things, but it works for now, lol. I am using an old Sony Stereo receiver with Sennheiser Hd-280 phones. Doesn't quite do it justice, but it is usable. I am looking for any suggestions on a decent set of monitors, that aren't very expensive. I had 2 Marshall Jubilee 2x12's, I had since the 90's, and I am so kicking myself for selling those. I do have a crappy Marshall 4x12 for live, but hunting for 1960B(X) cab. The Celestion Rocket 50's are ok, but suck, compared to what I was used to. Those speakers have refrigerator magnets on them,lol, not much oomph. Anyway, Onward and Upward. \m/

Back
Top Bottom