Pompous songs

When I think of pompous bands, these guys are the very first on my list. It don't get more undeservedly pompous in my book.

Styx - Kilroy Was Here.jpg
Styx - Paradise Theater.jpg

why undeserved?
Because they have no reason to be pompous. They suck. :D

Slightly harsh but mostly true. IMHO, of course.

I do have an affinity for Suite Madam Blue, a couple of tunes off G. Illusion and Lady,

But by the time they got to Pieces Of Eight I started calling them Stynx.

Because they have no reason to be pompous. They suck. :D

Slightly harsh but mostly true. IMHO, of course.

I do have an affinity for Suite Madam Blue, a couple of tunes off G. Illusion and Lady,

But by the time they got to Pieces Of Eight I started calling them Stynx.
well I think they deserve the pompous label by the time Mr Roboto rolled around - like you I prefer the earlier stuff - Equinox was the pinnacle for me - awesome album - particularly when the riff kicks in in SMB - whohoo - makes me wanna rock out! - my parents old stereo was maxed out with this riff!

I love Genesis <= Duke, and love the vibe in this concert but I just can't stomach watching Phil Collins walking around with no shirt pompously thinking fans will automatically like it - perhaps should be forgiven since he's also drumming, but good grief put on something to cover up those pits when ya come out front eh!
He's trying to be a Slipperman... :fearscream:

Like it as a song or not, you have to admit Bohemian Rhapsody is a masterpiece of recording and music production, especially considering the technology with which it was done.
Well I suppose you could say the same about all the Queen stuff really as they were big into that at the time. I'm not sure I would agree that BR was a masterpiece in any regard though, just a nonsense load of different instrument sections with stupid lyrics. A load of rubbish masquerading as some kind of masterpiece perhaps.

I would take the much more honest we will rock you, any day over that

Someone needs to start a Go Fund Me and get Phil a shirt. ;)
I was talking music.. but since you posted that image, I wouldn't call that pompous I would call that being a show off!

I would also call it earning the right to be a show off lol

I think that this serious expression and attitude complies with the Cambridge definition of Pompous :D
121478_0_wide_ver1626710915.jpg@642

"I deliberately don't listen to anyone's music at all. I don't listen to it, especially when I'm in composing mode, which is actually pretty much all the time, because every time I pick up the guitar, or even when I don't have the guitar in my hands, I compose. And I don't like to be even inadvertently influenced by anything, so I certainly don't care about what's in or what's trendy, I never did."
1642657337773-jpeg.94556

I think that this serious expression and attitude complies with the Cambridge definition of Pompous :D
121478_0_wide_ver1626710915.jpg@642

"I deliberately don't listen to anyone's music at all. I don't listen to it, especially when I'm in composing mode, which is actually pretty much all the time, because every time I pick up the guitar, or even when I don't have the guitar in my hands, I compose. And I don't like to be even inadvertently influenced by anything, so I certainly don't care about what's in or what's trendy, I never did."
1642657337773-jpeg.94556

This one I can definitely go along with haha

Back
Top Bottom