Wish Polytone

+1 I've owned the Polytone Mini Brute II and a Baby Brute. These SS combo amps are very unique in that they have their own proprietary 2
ohm speaker... Yep 2 OHMS! They also used Hammond reverb cans often loaded with 3 or more springs. For those who have gigged with these cube-like combos they get that big, smooth tone of George Benson and many other jazz greats. I've known many pros that hit the band stand with nothing more than a 335 or 175, a Morley (photo-resistor) Volume Pedal and Mini Brute.

Do you have preset you can share or at least the JC120 settings (w/o IR obviously)? I don't have a Polytone anymore to compare it to but I miss it.

@dr bonkers
Sorry for the necrobump, but what's the difference between your volume 25 and volume 6? They both look like exactly the same thing. I already own vol6 and use it a lot in the above mentioned JC120 method for faking a Polytone in the Fractal.

@dr bonkers
Sorry for the necrobump, but what's the difference between your volume 25 and volume 6? They both look like exactly the same thing. I already own vol6 and use it a lot in the above mentioned JC120 method for faking a Polytone in the Fractal.
If you click the tabs in each of the pages, there's info that shows they are very different models.

Volume 6 is a deep cab

Volume 26 is the classic combo.

Very different tonalities.

Back
Top Bottom