Wish Polyphonic Tuner

I'd like to bump this. It's probably quite possible now, right? Even up to 7-string would be cool; could even have an FC display of it using up or down arrows.

+1

Surprised no one's mentioned this in over a year :D

Patented like all the amps and pedals and other things that are modeled are patented?

If it's patent US8334449B2, I would think that's sufficiently tied to the hardware that it can't just cover every tuner that detects (and shows) more than one note at a time... If it covers the actual results of the product rather than the product itself, then it's no different to modeling an amp.

In fact it's probably even further than that, because you wouldn't "model" the Polytune, you'd be producing your own software entirely.

Patented like all the amps and pedals and other things that are modeled are patented?

If it's patent US8334449B2, I would think that's sufficiently tied to the hardware that it can't just cover every tuner that detects (and shows) more than one note at a time... If it covers the actual results of the product rather than the product itself, then it's no different to modeling an amp.

In fact it's probably even further than that, because you wouldn't "model" the Polytune, you'd be producing your own software entirely.
Depends on what the parent actually protects. Are there any other polyphonic tuners anywhere?

Amazing something that obvious is patented.

Is the display of a FFT-derived spectral plot with labelled peaks patented? :)

I have a polyphonic tuner. I never use it. I can only manipulate one machine head at a time, and the display is often a confusing jumble. I don't find it any faster.

Back
Top Bottom