Wish Polyphonic Harmonizer

YOGA64

Inspired
I tried, but there is no way I can come up with a pitch block that does what my lowly BOSS OC-3 does.
Namely, the fact that you can set it up so only a part of the signal e.g. the low E and A strings get the octaver effect.

The problem is we don't have a Polyphonic Harmonizer, so you get strange noises coming up when you play two notes at a time. There is a thread on this already.

Oh well, I'm using the effect's loop and my trusty old BOSS OC-3, but...........

As I know harmonizer works in polyphonic mode. I think that it would be possible use modifier and pitch as a source for trigerring octaver only for low A and E strings.

Please, if you know how to do this and it actually works, help me!
You could share a block that you come up with or tell how to do it, I haven't been able to unfortunately.

what are you trying to achieve exactly? you can not separate the harmony by string but you can by pitch. there are many ways to do this, and some ways work better then others. I agree that the pitch block effects are not perfect but in a live setting it works pretty well.

I'm trying to achieve what I can do with my Boss OC-3, as stated in the original post.

Have a look at this thread, the problems encountered are clearly stated:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/pitch-modifier-video-tutorial.113348/page-2#post-1357539
I am sorry I do not know exactly what an OC-3 does. the pitch block will track multiple notes but the way they tried in that post the pitch modifier turns the whole block on. I think playing an octave down only on certain pitch while playing multiple notes above said pitch is doable, just not with out using a couple more blocks. I will play with this tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom