Poltergeist Pig preset

I'm guessing right about now, Muad'zin is dialing in the patch and making a "wtf?" face.
Didn't make a wtf face, cause I like weird guitar noises. But I reckon its not a sound you can use a lot. It sounds like a noise that Pink Floyd would make for a minute or two when they were still doing the long improvisation/psychedelic songs. Or when you're doing a battle with a Mongolian throat singer.

Thanks. I don't have the III, but you pointed me in the right direction.
I was digging around and couldn’t find either preset in my FM3. I wonder if they are advanced parameter presets that are for the III?

Is it because this sound isn’t for public consumption? 😂 Just kidding, I love to hear how creative people get with unusual sounds. Other than scaring children and pets, I’m not sure how to incorporate this patch.

Maxdown, that’s very fitting and eerie. A very serious sound with what I thought of as a “party pig” patch. Nice job!

Wow! That’s a lot of preset creation! I think I usually make about four or five.
I make specific presets for each of my own songs, and for most cover songs too. It's often easier to do that with the effects and only include the ones I need then make general presets. Those are like jack of all trades, master of none, to me.

I've always loved The Poltergeist Pig preset (going back to the Ultra days) and fire it up to astound and/or annoy people with it here and there. One of the first things I did when I got my FM3 was to check if that preset made it to the new platforms...weird, I know heh.

Yes, it’s a sound Ive never heard in any other unit, for sure!

And don't forget about Zamfir and Frogtone Irie.

If I’m thinking of the right preset (my III is in the trailer at the moment), I used the Frogtone Irie for the intro to Take My Breath Away by Berlin years ago... maybe back in my Ultra days. It’s another classic that’s still fun to play.

Here you go.

Also the ending has Crystal Echoes preset.
Meh, way too subtle. 1st rule of Tom Morello, if you got something that makes pterodactyl sounds, make pterodactyl sounds, dammit! Don't dial it down for a little analog sustain. ;)

Just kidding of course. Or maybe not! Anyway, don't know the original and it sounds fine to me.

And don't forget about Zamfir and Frogtone Irie.

I downloaded the Beta for the FM3 and found the Frogtone Irie patch. The Zamfir is now called Synth Lineup, so I had to do a google search to find that. Thanks for pointing these out! I had fun with the different scenes.
Whoever made the USS FM3 made me laugh. I was wondering why a patch would have that name.

Back
Top Bottom