POLL: Which one to choose (tough choice)?

Which one looks cooler?

• RG721RW

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • RG721FM

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters

kavoo

Inspired
So I finally decided to get myself a second guitar for faster and heavier playing. I was considering a RG2550Z or RG3120, but after long consideration of all pros and cons I realized it will be better for me to buy a guitar without a floating trem for quick and convenient tuning down when needed.

I've choosen an Ibanez RG721, mostly under the influence of Rick Graham's YouTube clips. But it comes in two versions... and I cannot decide which one to buy :D Both looks great, both have same specs (apart from veneer material)... so it's purely an aesthetic dillema. So I've decided to take other people's taste into consideration :rolleyes:

So... which one would you choose for yourself? I'm leaning towards one of them more than the other, but I'd really like to find out what do you guys think about that :)

1. IBANEZ RG721RW
RG721RW_CNF_1P_02.png

2. IBANEZ RG721FM
RG721FM_BIF_1P_01.png

Both are nice. Personally, I do not like the look of book matched tops unless the join is very subtle. You may want to buy in-person or from a site that lets you see the specific guitar you are getting (Sweetwater, ibanezrules).

I'd prefer the flame of the bottom one with the warm walnut finish of the top one. IMO, the tint on the lower one ruined a good piece of bookmatched maple. Very cold and sterile.

After shopping Kiesel, the limited selection of finishes offered by Ibanez is not impressive.

I'm with steadystate on this one but I'm biased as I'm a Carvin player also, the other thing that kind of kills it for me is the binding around the body :( You didn't mention the type of top you already have on the guitar you have now?

You didn't mention the type of top you already have on the guitar you have now?
I did - in my signature ;)
It's a Standard Stratocaster MiM, and although I've modded/replaced pretty much everything in it, it's still maple neck/fretboard with alder body.

I did - in my signature ;)
It's a Standard Stratocaster MiM, and although I've modded/replaced pretty much everything in it, it's still maple neck/fretboard with alder body.
Ah, I didn't see your sig :confused: so just a standard sunburst top?

THAT is damn close to a Dave Murray looking Stratocaster. :)
That was the plan ;) Exactly same set of humbuckers (old vintage handwound Super Distortion and PAF, both made in 1980 or 1981), but far more advanced than signature model regarding electronics and tonal versality - I have two circuits (HSH and SSS) selected with push-push pot :)

Back
Top Bottom