POLL: What should the next NEW AustinBuddy TonePack be, before 2023 hits?

If we could have just ONE new AustinBuddy TonePack before 2022 ends, which below would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As tempting as "FX Warehouse" might be, I'm a little afraid it will be shaky ground. Also difficult to maintain with Fractal Audio's frequent update cycle.
If i may add to this, lets take the Keeley Halo thread for example. We can emulate it in the fractal products but it takes a few blocks; the one i used was 2 delays and a filter block. So i have to save each block to the library or copy and paste each block to clipboard separately. It would be awesome if we could save something like that as a whole unit and then be able to paste or upload as a whole unit. This would make effects building even more awesome

Artist specific tone paks other than Zeppelin would be my vote. My concern is keeping them up to speed with firmware updates. As it is, It seems firmware is most always a couple revisions ahead. Not meant as a complaint your work is excellent, it just seems like a nightmare to keep everything up to date. The last 2 or 3 firmware updates have added so much in my opinion, it all needs some reworking to get the most out of the presets. Just from what I’ve gathered much of the Live Gold bank A isn’t going to get much love?

voted for prefx, but also wanted to include postfx.

A little unrelated maybe, but I would also like to see a preset maker do a preset pack that includes preset sound samples (avaiable to hear pre-purchase) using typical guitars for the intended style (along with detailed description of guitars used (type, tuning, strings...)), plus the reampable DI tracks that go with those sound samples. This would allow the purchaser to recreate the exact sound locally and use that as a baseline for dialing in the preset with own guitar / hands.

Last edited:
Picked “Clean Tones”: sort of based on my opinion that the one thing Fractal does better is model all the different dynamics of cleans that a Tube amp can achieve.

Would go with “FX Warehouse” post amp as a close second.

Even the Zep pack is tempting, but not sure I would spend money for it. Rather try to create them myself due to the fact that recreating a players sound is more about nailing the playing style than the tone. I guess depending on the price I would consider it. I also acknowledge that a pack like this would probably be very time consuming.

Thanks for asking!!👍

Then again, maybe a “Famous Leads” package with your best stabs at “lead tones” (with fx, pls) from popular songs throughout the years? Including the “finger factor” required to actually PLAY those leads would no doubt be immensely popular..,

I voted single coil focused presets mainly because i feel you can get so many fx blocks that are out there from so many good user and factory presets that have been shared. These fx blocks don't seem too different based on the guitar I'm playing but the guitar I'm playing (Humbucker vs singlecoil) responds vastly different to amp and cab combinations. I feel that would offer a more vast variation tool set. I'd imagine in a singlecoil guitar centric preset package that it'd offer both dirty and cleans...checking other boxes as well. That being said, I get that it would exclude users who don't have single coil guitars.

I vote for indie/college rock/alt country tones. REM, The Cure, The Clash, Husker Du, Meat Puppets, The Replacements, Pearl Jam, Son Volt, Wilco, The Jayhawks, etc.

I voted single coil focused presets mainly because i feel you can get so many fx blocks that are out there from so many good user and factory presets that have been shared. These fx blocks don't seem too different based on the guitar I'm playing but the guitar I'm playing (Humbucker vs singlecoil) responds vastly different to amp and cab combinations. I feel that would offer a more vast variation tool set. I'd imagine in a singlecoil guitar centric preset package that it'd offer both dirty and cleans...checking other boxes as well. That being said, I get that it would exclude users who don't have single coil guitars.

I actually may change my vote to single coil option but doesnt Abuddy already make his presets from livegold split between single coil and humbucker?

I went for stereo effects after amp, but it was a tossup with the cleans, and it looks like that's out in front, at least for now...

Back
Top Bottom