Poll What FW is on your AxeFX II/XL/XL+ right now?

What FW is on your AxeII/XL/XL+ right now?

• FW 12 or older

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • FW 13

• FW 14 (XL launch FW)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FW 15

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • FW 16

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • FW 17

• FW 18

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • FW 19

Votes: 61 23.8%
  • FW 20b

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • Quantum Public Beta 1

Votes: 169 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maxdown

Fractal Fanatic
Seeing that currently at time of posting this some users seem concerned that FW updates are too frequent and get irritated by it all, I thought a little poll to see what everyone's got loaded right now would be fun.

Of course, it's immaterial really what you have loaded - you can backup your current favourite working FW version system, presets and user cabs (which you should be doing on a regular basis anyway!) and then try the latest FW release, beta or otherwise, then revert back if you don't like it.

BTW Quantum Public Beta v1 is the latest available FW at time of posting this.

Poll is open for 14 days from post date (by which time Quantum v5 release might be out :mrgreen - but I only got 10 poll item slots)

Last edited:
Same here i`m curious also about this nice to see what Firmware versions users are using ,in the past i was also thinking launch this kind of poll but nice to see someone did it before me good.

Cool, I'm curious about this. I voted, let's just say I'm not up to date because... Reasons....

19. I don't generally do betas; but I have a couple of times in the past and it's worked perfectly. The truth in this case is, I haven't touched my guitar in the last few days. Or my Axe, other than that I use it as my interface and I've been mixing.

19. I don't do beta's. I appreciate those who do. :encouragement:

I'm not a FAS beta tester or anything, but I do jump on the public betas. Those have been just fine to date. If there was any chance of serious problems, it would go to the real beta testers first before the public.

19...I'm way too slow and have yet to load a beta to date...no other reason other than my own lack of confidence that something could go wrong with my axe..stupid I know but I just prefer to wait until the official release. It took me such a long long time to get my axe, and then unlike so many others who still have their tube amps and effects pedals...I don't as I sold everything to fund my axe and it's all I have.. I use it to gig with once or twice a week usually and I usually rehearse once a week with it too, I just can't afford to have any gliches...don't get me wrong I'm chomping at the bit to try these new updates, but I'll wait for now.

I think you poll is going to be fundamentally flawed because your only sampling Axe users who frequent this web forum, instead of a good random sample of everyone who bought an Axe.

The guys who post on this forum all the time are the same type of guys who probably wear out their "refresh" key on their keyboard checking this site 10 times an hour to see if Cliff updated anything. Inversely, guys who never check this forum are probably far more likely to have taken the unit out of the box, plugged it in, and just use it, never once updating.

Perhaps you could add another variable and then see if you can draw a correlation between how often they post vs what FW they are on.

I would expect a strong association between frequent posters and the latest firmware

I don't know man, I turned my Drive to 10 and my face melted! Can't see the display!!

FW6! I have the sounds I need, over 100 gigs now. Every time I've tried to update, it's just been too much work trying to get back to the tones I had. Not to say that newer firmwares are worse, just different so harder to get back to where I was. The fact that I'm still on FW6 is evidence that this box has been capable of great tone for a long time, new FW or not.

Still on 18, I don't update unless I see a new feature or new amp I want to try. Updated to 18 for the G3. Didn't update for dephase since I use a real cab, and I haven't updated to quantum since the rectos aren't right from what I've read (recto is my main amp).

I'm still on 19 'cuz I'm too busy at work and I have a gig coming up for Labor Day. After that it's off to Quantum land I go! Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom