Poll - What cabs do you want?

DV77 and V30 in a 4x12 in an X-pattern!!! 🙏🙏
I have a Zilla OS 4x12 currently loaded with DV77 and V30 in an X pattern. The cab still needs to be broken in more, but it’s a really nice combination.

Would love an ENGL 2x12 cab if possible.
I’m still looking for ENGL cabs. They’re hard to find in the US, but they’re on my Reverb feed in case one pops up.

I have a Zilla OS 4x12 currently loaded with DV77 and V30 in an X pattern. The cab still needs to be broken in more, but it’s a really nice combination.

I’m still looking for ENGL cabs. They’re hard to find in the US, but they’re on my Reverb feed in case one pops up.
Thanks for taking the time to post back. Looking forward to what you have cooking then :D

I second the Original 5150 w/Sheffield's. Been asking for that for a while. Not the most popular but my cab sounds great - and not only to my ears from what I'm told.

Any Lynchback's in the studio? Would love to see a really good 4x12 Lynchback capture. The Celestion pack I bought never really resonated with me nor sounded like the real cab. Not sure if it is their capture method, cab or something else.

And gotta give a +1 for a Hesu Demon pack!

The holidays are coming! 😉

That Zilla speaker combo sounds great! Can't wait for that release! 💰

I second the Original 5150 w/Sheffield's. Been asking for that for a while. Not the most popular but my cab sounds great - and not only to my ears from what I'm told.

Any Lynchback's in the studio? Would love to see a really good 4x12 Lynchback capture. The Celestion pack I bought never really resonated with me nor sounded like the real cab. Not sure if it is their capture method, cab or something else.

I have always been curious about the Lynchbacks. What do you like about them?

I have always been curious about the Lynchbacks. What do you like about them?

They are a high powered Greenback - but stay warm and focused down low and offer a bit more high end like a V30. I think largely a marketing ploy but they do sound different than your standard Greenback. Driving them hard, with or without a boost up front and with the right amp and bass settings, they supposedly stay tight but offer a little bump at the high freqs. The cab loaded with them that I heard at a good volume seemed to do that. So I was looking to get that from an IR but the Celestion pack didn't seem to do that (at least to my ears). Figured if Justin couldn't squeeze out that supposed designed-in response than it ain't in there. 😁

Justin, have you tried any Lynchback loaded cab? Any comments from your ears on how you perceived them?

@York Audio your irs are amazing, i'd like see a marshall 1960B with V30, if I'm not wrong there are very few irs of this cab and most sound bad
I’ve got a couple 1960BV cabs and quite a few Marshall Vintage speakers. Just gotta pick the best speakers and see which 1960BV sounds better with them. 😎

I’ve got a quad of Lynchbacks here in the studio. They sounded great in the Marshall Checkerboard cab, but were really dull and honky in the other Marshall cabs. I’d love to try those in a few more cabs to see if anything beats the Checkerboard. Someone mentioned trying them in a York Audio 2x12, which I think could sound amazing with those speakers.

That Zilla speaker combo sounds great! Can't wait for that release! 💰
The Zilla cab is starting to sound much better than when I first got it. I need to make a cab queue and stick with it. It’s easy to get distracted when so many players are suggesting so many great options they want.

I'm eagerly waiting for the:
lynchbacks (Marshall or York 212)
Zilla v30+dv77 (I trust Justin´s ears, but my heart wants a Mesa OS or York 212 xD zilla cabs are usually too "tight/direct" for my taste)
Hesu demon (alone or blended with other speaker....at this point I don't care anymore XD)

I’ve got a couple 1960BV cabs and quite a few Marshall Vintage speakers. Just gotta pick the best speakers and see which 1960BV sounds better with them.
+1

I’ve got a quad of Lynchbacks here in the studio. They sounded great in the Marshall Checkerboard cab, but were really dull and honky in the other Marshall cabs. I’d love to try those in a few more cabs to see if anything beats the Checkerboard. Someone mentioned trying them in a York Audio 2x12, which I think could sound amazing with those speakers.

Now the Lynchback in that checkerboard Marshall cab sounds like a great idea and may help with the highs! Is that the same cab that you have a pack for already on the site (M20/M25 - I have both of these and love em!)? I think the Blackjack with blackbacks is the only YA Marshall cab pack I haven't purchased. Lol I am also down with the Lynchback's loaded in your custom 2x12 YA cab. I trust your ears on whatever you think squeezes out their best performance. 👍

The Zilla cab is starting to sound much better than when I first got it. I need to make a cab queue and stick with it. It’s easy to get distracted when so many players are suggesting so many great options they want.
I can understand that. You have all us nutty fans asking for custom IR combinations at the same time. Would be sweet to see the que (no order) if you'd be willing to share on what you've got in store and testing. I always find myself scrolling through the forum chain to try not to ask for anything already requested.

Thanks again for all you do!

+1 for a Marshall or a V30 4x12 Speaker cab.
Actually the York Audio Bogner 4x12 is my go to cab, it just sounds awesome with the FAS Hot Rod/CCV and Atomica.
Honestly I can’t imagine that ther would be a better V30 Cab.
I really do like the Bogner Cab with the Friedman speaker impedance curve.

+1 for a Marshall or a V30 4x12 Speaker cab.
Actually the York Audio Bogner 4x12 is my go to cab, it just sounds awesome with the FAS Hot Rod/CCV and Atomica.
Honestly I can’t imagine that ther would be a better V30 Cab.
I really do like the Bogner Cab with the Friedman speaker impedance curve

Agree. I love the 57+160 mix (Mix 05) in the Bogna pack. A V2 Bogna version with the new capture methods and a T75/V30 X pattern mix with blends like the YA Friedman cab pack would sweeten the deal even more! Hint hint 😂

Oh the wish list never ends...

Back
Top Bottom