Poll - What cabs do you want?

[Something small and weird]... Aspen's Spacestation V.3 Central Point Stereo
It sounds in 3D...each and every where in a room are really sweet spots in stereo.
IMG_0422.JPG

[Something small and weird]... Aspen's Spacestation V.3 Central Point Stereo
It sounds in 3D...each and every where in a room are really sweet spots in stereo.
View attachment 72676
I have the XL. The choruses, flanges, rotary, reverb sound huge. Ping pong delay trades some left/right width for some front/back depth. Low end holds up down to 55Hz, which is more than enough for guitar....

My vote for next cab options:

1) Fortin 4x12 - yeah it's another V30 cab but they sound so massive for some reason. Maybe it's the construction. Similar to a Mesa but...wow.
2) Bogner 4x12 - X pattern T75 + V30 blend pack from the same cab
3) Peavey 5150 4x12 - with original Sheffield speakers. An oldie but goodie.

(SNIP)
I also just got a quad of original G12-65s from 1980 that I’ve currently got loaded in my ‘76 Marshall checkerboard cab. Those things are wildly different from the reissue G12-65 I have and sound way better.

All that to say, I think you guys are gonna be happy. :)

@York Audio I've actually tried both versions, too, and I agree they're pretty different. The reissue G12-65 is something I would really LIKE to see more options for in cabs. For that Dumble thing with a little midrange snarl to it, it's hard to beat. The originals I had were way brighter, and not in a good way for that particular sound. They also didn't have as much low mid punch as the reissues.

So, as I've requested before, I would LOVE it if the Reissue G12-65s could get the York treatment!

Something that works well with the neck pickup on vintage Stratocasters. Something with fat, full mids, tight punchy bottom, and a natural high end that doesn't sound like an icepick in your ears.

I have a real Mesa 2x12 cab here and it sounds great. I just bought the YA Mesa 2x12 demo and every single IR had ice pick highs except for 2 of the mix IRs. They were not what I was expecting at all. The only IRs that sounded ok were Mix 10 and Mix 12.

How many Mix Irs come with a typical YA cab pack?

I used to have an 8x10 Marshall cab. It was a great sounding cabinet.
I found one, not sure if the '60s version or the newer one, on Cab.IR, and would love to hear a YA capture of one. Had to up the proximity effect in the Cab More tab to use it with the Plexi6CA7, but it has a clarity in the mids and an amazingly clear presence that is magical with my Strat. Totally different tone than the 4x10 "1965" cab in the Fractal factory cab set, though the two together might be a neat pairing....

I know im a minority here but I would kill for some hesu demon speakers inside a Mesa OS cab >.<
I’ll be on the lookout for those speakers.

Something that works well with the neck pickup on vintage Stratocasters. Something with fat, full mids, tight punchy bottom, and a natural high end that doesn't sound like an icepick in your ears.

I have a real Mesa 2x12 cab here and it sounds great. I just bought the YA Mesa 2x12 demo and every single IR had ice pick highs except for 2 of the mix IRs. They were not what I was expecting at all. The only IRs that sounded ok were Mix 10 and Mix 12.

How many Mix Irs come with a typical YA cab pack?
The number of Mix IRs varies from pack to pack. Since every cab is different, every mix is different. I don’t use formulas when making Mixes. The Mesa 2x12 has 15 Mixes. I try to keep it around 12-14 mixes per pack, but some have more and some have less.

Would you mind posting your Strat preset? I haven’t heard anyone say that that cab has ice picky highs, so I’m curious to see how you’re running your amp and if you have any drives in your patch. The simplest piece of advice I can offer you is to check your treble/presence knobs or drive tone parameters and dial those in for your guitar. Also, the dollar limited pack has a fraction of the IRs the full version has, so you may like the Mixes and/or singles not offered in the Limited version.

Would love to see a Marshall G12H-100 pack. Currently my favorite speakers.
Are you talking about the older ones with the gray sticker or something else? I’ll look into it.

5150 cabs with Sheffield's are the biggest poop cabs I have ever played.
Splawn cabs are great, Diezel cabs are great, Crate GE412 has to be the GE cabs are great, anything that will punch you in the chest playing rhythm to screaming leads is what I look for

@MarkStudios and @Nathan M. I just bought a Hesu Demon and a Fillmore 75, so we’ll see what they sound like!

WOW!! thanks!!! this is the second thing I have made you buy xDDD sorry @York Audio :tonguewink:
Cant wait to hear what you do with it
Of all the recordings I´ve heard of that speaker I think the best one was inside a MESA OS 4x12 cab...IMHO the speaker is very tight sounding (even a little too much) and the "bigness" of the mesa OS compensates for it and makes it sound fuller//more balanced than in the usual very tight sounding hesu 2x12 cabs.
It also blends pretty well with v30

Are you talking about the older ones with the gray sticker or something else? I’ll look into it.
I’m talking about the speakers that come with 80’s JCM 1982 cabs, so yes I think so? Is there another version? I didn’t know that. Not the most requested speaker or hyped cabinet tbh, but I think those 80’s cabs sound great. And while they aren’t that popular yet you don’t have to spend a fortune to get one.

EDIT: just did a quick google search and there seems to be the grey sticker version and a black/white version. Was talking about the grey speakers in this case!

The angled 1982AJH 4×12″ cabinet, and the extra-tall, straight-fronted 1982BJH 4×12″ cabinet.

A vintage Hiwatt cab would be nice also.

Would love...

Something closed back with Alnico Cream!

Hesu 2x12 (Demon speaker)

Uberkab! (T75 & V30s)

Old Marshall JCM 800 with G12-65 speakers

Back
Top Bottom