Poll - What cabs do you want?

I've been an "Custom IR Denier" for many years until I tried the York Audio stuff.

I then bought all of it, and now I need more :)

I would especially like some 1x12 stuff like the Mesa Thiele cabs or the 1x12 Vox cabs. Failing that, the 5153 cabs would be good to have.

I always seem to gravitate to Mix number 8 of the York Mixed mic IR's ... no idea why but to my ears they sound the best.

Something Voxy ...... Alnico Blue 15 -or- Alnico Gold ....... 2x12 Alnico + Ceramic Mix ....... regardless ....... all of them either near-field or far-field reflection free.

Ben

I think there are some really great ideas being shared here. You guys are giving me crazy cab GAS and a lot to think about.

I'm on a Fender buzz now. Any chance of a Fender 2x10 Jensen pack?
I’d love to shoot a 2x10 Fender with Jensens. Just gotta find a good one. :)

I'm probably in the minority given all these other recommendations, but I'd love to see something with Celestion Alnico Creams (preferably in a closed back 2x12 or 4x12). There's really not enough IRs of them out there I can find and the ones that I have from another manufacturer are good, but I know the York Audio version would be even better.

Hiwatt/fane would be neat too, but honestly I think the free Harry Joyce cab Fractal posted for the holidays is enough to keep my happy for that vibe for at least a bit (though again, if a York Audio version did drop I'd buy it in a heartbeat).

This video comparing V30s with several other speakers in the same cabinet in a metal context gave me thirst for the WGS Reaper. Sounds like a V30 with the infamous upper mid spike aggression balanced by a fuller, thicker low midrange. Massive.

Would you happen to have a cab with these it on your radar?

I miiight be alone in this, but I find 4x12 IRs kinda alien to play through - I’m really used to the sound of 2x12s and 1x12s, which I think is part of why I’ve struggled to get the sound in my head since the overwhelming majority of IRs out there are of 4x12s. It would be awesome if you could do some 2x12s and 1x12 cabs, maybe something like a Mesa Lone Star cab for a 2x12, or a Friedman Vintage 112 for a 1x12, or something with modern-era G12H30s.

Thanks so much for all your amazing work on these IRs!

I'm probably in the minority given all these other recommendations, but I'd love to see something with Celestion Alnico Creams (preferably in a closed back 2x12 or 4x12). There's really not enough IRs of them out there I can find and the ones that I have from another manufacturer are good, but I know the York Audio version would be even better.

Hiwatt/fane would be neat too, but honestly I think the free Harry Joyce cab Fractal posted for the holidays is enough to keep my happy for that vibe for at least a bit (though again, if a York Audio version did drop I'd buy it in a heartbeat).
I’ll keep an eye out for the alnico cream. It sounds like a cool speaker in between the blue and gold.

This video comparing V30s with several other speakers in the same cabinet in a metal context gave me thirst for the WGS Reaper. Sounds like a V30 with the infamous upper mid spike aggression balanced by a fuller, thicker low midrange. Massive.

Would you happen to have a cab with these it on your radar?
I’ve got a couple of those. I may have to pop them in a cab and check them out again!

I miiight be alone in this, but I find 4x12 IRs kinda alien to play through - I’m really used to the sound of 2x12s and 1x12s, which I think is part of why I’ve struggled to get the sound in my head since the overwhelming majority of IRs out there are of 4x12s. It would be awesome if you could do some 2x12s and 1x12 cabs, maybe something like a Mesa Lone Star cab for a 2x12, or a Friedman Vintage 112 for a 1x12, or something with modern-era G12H30s.

Thanks so much for all your amazing work on these IRs!
That makes perfect sense. If you’re used to smaller cabs, the 4x12’s may feel a little outside of your comfort zone. I definitely have plans for more 2x12’s, but in the meantime, the Zilla is a 2x12 and is a bit more focused than the 4x12’s. If you have that one, see if that feels a little more comfortable to you. And when you use it, use the 2x12 Godzilla impedance curve in the amp block.

And yeah, I’m definitely keen on getting some modern era G12H’s as well. :)

For the Voxy fans out there, the VX15 112 Blue was just released. Based on a GREAT sounding Vox handwired AC15 with an English made Alnico Blue. Here's a little clip I posted in the master thread, but thought some people here might be interested in it as well. It's on introductory sale at www.yorkaudio.co for $14.99 at the moment. I can't wait to hear what you guys do with it!

I used the AC30TB model with stereo delay and reverb and think it sounds pretty great! I set the low cut to around 120 and that's it.

For the Voxy fans out there, the VX15 112 Blue was just released. Based on a GREAT sounding Vox handwired AC15 with an English made Alnico Blue. Here's a little clip I posted in the master thread, but thought some people here might be interested in it as well. It's on introductory sale at www.yorkaudio.co for $14.99 at the moment. I can't wait to hear what you guys do with it!

I used the AC30TB model with stereo delay and reverb and think it sounds pretty great! I set the low cut to around 120 and that's it.

Sounds great! Man, I am such a sucker for Vox stuff. Definitely picking this up.

Back
Top Bottom