• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Poll - What cabs do you want?

Coby

Inspired
Hi people, among the hi gain cabs I find that the Soldano 4X12 are among the least taken into consideration.
Talkin' of speakers, instead, I think It would be interesting to have some more Irs captured from Jensen P12R/Q/N or Eminence of the Patriot or Redcoat series.

York Audio

Power User
Vendor
Hi people, among the hi gain cabs I find that the Soldano 4X12 are among the least taken into consideration.
Talkin' of speakers, instead, I think It would be interesting to have some more Irs captured from Jensen P12R/Q/N or Eminence of the Patriot or Redcoat series.
I’ve got a Soldano 4x12 here at the studio. It’s on my list of cabs to capture at some point. I tried the Creamback M65 and UK V30 in an X pattern in it and thought it sounded great! I’ll look into more Jensen stuff in the future as well. I have a Jensen Tornado on the way that I think will be really cool.

Have you tried the ENGL XXL cab? Its bigger and HEAVIER than the MESA OS.
Those modern Chinese v30 would be crap but maybe with some old UK made v30 it could be a monster.

York Audio

Power User
Vendor
Have you tried the ENGL XXL cab? Its bigger and HEAVIER than the MESA OS.
Those modern Chinese v30 would be crap but maybe with some old UK made v30 it could be a monster.
I haven’t tried one of those before. I’ll keep my eye out for one.

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I just took some new test shots of that cab with a mix of two ‘87 Marshall Vintage speakers and two Lynchbacks. It’s pretty awesome.
b67411fd65dfd2d97ac1aa0eb8781564.jpg

Del Pedro

Can you offer more specifics of what you’re looking for? Open or closed back, cabinet brands, and speaker preferences will give me a better idea of what’s needed. Thanks!
I don't know if it is needed, maybe I am the only one that likes 1x12 cabs :)
Brand of my cabs won't help you, as they are custom made in Germany. They are 'flex back', i.e. they can be used closed back or open back. I almost always prefer open back, also for high gain.
I like the the cabs to be not too small (my cabs are about 60x40x30cm -> about 70l volume).
I have used them with good results with the following speakers:
  • Celestion Vintage 30 (UK made)
  • Eminence Wizard
  • Jensen Tornado
  • Jensen Blackbird
  • Jensen Electric Lightning
  • Jensen C12/70 (I guess it is also called Mod12/70)

Probably the speakers are quite 'exotic' for most people. But I think something different than Celestion might be interesting.

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
MY REVIEW OF YA 5153 4X12 CABS- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

If you dont know by now Im a high gain lover, of every possible type. I have only tested 5153 red because I could not stop playing. I have thousands of IR's and these KILL. The mixes alone are enough. You like high gain you want highs and lows and clarity and thump and chug and chunk and gain gain gain, get these.

York Audio

Power User
Vendor
I had them on my Reverb watch list for a bit, but I never saw any pop up. I will definitely buy the Lynchback pack.
Same here. I’ve had them on my watch list for over a year and they NEVER popped up for sale. I ended up spending more on these four speakers than I have for any amp or cab in my collection. I gotta say though, they sound fantastic in a Marshall 1960bv cab, so I think it’s worth it. It’s just insane that some guys are charging pre-Rola prices for these things.

Brian Angiel

Inspired
Same here. I’ve had them on my watch list for over a year and they NEVER popped up for sale. I ended up spending more on these four speakers than I have for any amp or cab in my collection. I gotta say though, they sound fantastic in a Marshall 1960bv cab, so I think it’s worth it. It’s just insane that some guys are charging pre-Rola prices for these things.
That's unbelievable. It's too bad Celestion dropped these. Hopefully they come back somehow--either through Celestion under a different name or through Eminence, WGS, etc. as a clone/copy.

Top Bottom