Poll MFC vs LiquidFoot vs Something else

Which Controller would you buy, or wish you had bought (money is not big a factor)

• Total voters

Bojangles

Experienced
Im just about to pull the trigger on a controller solution, its basically coming down to either MFC or LF+12+

My question to the wider collective is, knowing what you know now, having used what you have used, and money wasn't the immediate concern

What would you choose now or in hindsight

Unless you are jones-ing for LCDs the MFC is plug and play, base setup requires no programming, and would buy again in a heart beat... own a few of them and a very huge supporter.

Have a few wishes for MFC version 2 however but these don't change my opinion of it today:
1) Configure > 100 songs
2) Configure sets with > 50 songs
3) Allow song and set names to contain 15 characters or more ( just like presets presets in current version )
4) USB for firmware updates
5) Previous scene feature ( same as presets BAK feature )
6) LCDs... Yes they are cool but will wait for an FAS version that has them

The 10 seems expensive for what it is, what major advantages does it have over the LF range do you think?

Liquid foot no doubt. 12+ is 2x lighter, has LCDs, plus there is wireless setup comming up! Not to mention all the programming posibilities.

I've not compared the two.

I like the RJM company and they have a good rep. So that and the LCD's were my drivers.

Ok thanks for that, i must admit i've tried ordering an LF once before and they lost my order, though things may have changed since then

If I wanted to harness all that the Axe II can do in a foot controller, no question it would be the MFC. I owned one for a while. It was built like a tank and rock solid, but 4 rows deep in buttons was more than I could navigate. I prefer to keep it fairly simple and limit the amount of toe tapping talent I have to have to play a gig. I'm in the process of building one from scratch to match my needs (10 buttons, 2 rows deep).

12+ all the way. Really made to work around how you work instead of vice versa. Can be crazy complex or stupid simple... your choice. If it doesn't do something you need or want it to do, contact Jeff. It'll likely be able to in short order. I've had features added on each of the 3 FAMC products I own (old LF Pro, Liquid Tracks, 12+). In fact Jeff just added a feature to the 12+ a week ago that was requested a few weeks back. I've had nothing but excellent service. Add to that the fact that it's way lighter and cheaper than a MMGT and it's a no brainier IMHO. Then there's the cherry on top that a wireless add on is in the works. Both the LF+ and MMGT lines are miles ahead of the MFC in pretty much every way. I was originally on the waiting list for the MM, but while I was waiting it became a 2 horse race, and one of the horses was and is cheaper, lighter, and constantly getting better at a rate similar to the AFX.

The 12+ has really streamlined my pedalboard in a serious way, all while adding functionality. I swapped out my LF Pro with the 12+ the day before a gig and had it running way smoother than my Pro in nothing flat. Might I add that I was extremely happy with my Pro setup. I would take it over the MFC. The 12+ is just way better. I'm doing more stuff with fewer buttons and it's far more intuitive on stage during a gig. I was extremely impressed. I actually decided against a second 12+, which was my original plan, as the flexible layout really allows you to do way more with less, without things getting too complex on stage.

BTW, not bashing the the MFC. It delivers about what is usually expected with a proprietary controller. It's by all accounts rock solid. The MMGT and LF+ just came out a bit later and upped the ante significantly. I'm sure the MM is also a solid product, but I'm fairly sure, although my crystal ball is currently being repaired, the functionality of the LF+ is and will stay well ahead while being cheaper and lighter.

All IMHO, YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow great insight, i really appreciate your post, you just about have me pushing the order button.

I started this thread leaning towards the MFC as i have great respect for fractal, cliff has built a stella company with unbelievably well supported products, however the configurability and LCD switches of the LF is starting to make the choice for me.

However the elephant in the room is wait time (i know i can buy an MFC straight away from a local shop), support and reliability

Id say im 60% LF and 40% at this stage

I may be wrong, but the wait has gotten much shorter. Mass production is easy, but smaller orders from smaller companies can be a major hassle. I guarantee with the number of boutique gear owners on this board you'd find dozens of stories of companies being riddled with those issues with many going under. Jeff managed to stay afloat through those issues all while making an amazing product. I would still take my LF Pro over anything on the market short of the MMGT and LF+. My 12+ was about 6 weeks from order to my front step. If you post a support ticket question you'll likely get a response in a couple hours. Ask what the current wait time is. It's a tiny operation so keep that in mind. If you order a Lamborghini you'll be waiting a few months at the minimum. If you want a Dodge, you can drive away today. If the Lamborghini was cheaper, would you wait? If you couldn't wait, I'd get an FCB1010 second hand for peanuts to fill the gap. With a mod chip they're really powerful. It'd be a good backup anyways. My kids use mine to play with their guitar toy (POD HD), but they may be upgrading to a LF Pro soon if I decide to be nice. They'll get a kick out of the big blue screen.

I personally still tend to contact Jeff through the old info email and get extremely fast responses, but some people have been caught in the spam filter in the past. I've personally gotten responses direct from Jeff within a few hours. When I've had issues (early adopter of the LT-100, usual bugs) I've had fixes and features added really quickly, a couple times in less than 12hours. I had an issue with my LT-100 at a gig. I emailed him between sets. By the time my kids woke me the next morning I had a new firmware in my inbox. A few days later I had another one which also added the features I had requested in that original email. I've had similar experiences with my LF Pro and now my 12+.

I've heard of people having issues, but I've never experienced them. In fact a while back a couple people were slagging off Jeff and his service saying he wasn't contactable. I thought that was weird and emailed him just to see. I had a response almost immediately. Not saying they're experiences weren't real, just that something else was obviously going on. Wrong email? Who knows. Send a question through the site. You'll get a response. I've used it as well. May be a really short wait. Won't know till you ask. If you want, you can PM me and I'll give you the email I use. I don't know if it's still listed on the site as the message system works really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread has definitely got me looking at the LF 12+.

How much synergy does it have with the AxeFx II? I'm assuming it can show preset names and scene numbers and do tap tempo too? What about the tuner?

Just to be fair, the LF+ series is very plug and play using the new wizards. Only if you want to delve into power-user stuff is it not - and in that realm, it's far more tweakable and flexible than the MFC IMHO.

AND it's got a GREAT Editor!

Unless you are jones-ing for LCDs the MFC is plug and play, base setup requires no programming, and would buy again in a heart beat... own a few of them and a very huge supporter.

Have a few wishes for MFC version 2 however but these don't change my opinion of it today:
1) Configure > 100 songs
2) Configure sets with > 50 songs
3) Allow song and set names to contain 15 characters or more ( just like presets presets in current version )
4) USB for firmware updates
5) Previous scene feature ( same as presets BAK feature )
6) LCDs... Yes they are cool but will wait for an FAS version that has them

It'a bit weird ... on the FAS forum.
It's like opening a poll on the BMW forum: Which car would you buy: BMW or Mercedes? ;-)

Back
Top Bottom