Poll: How many people use screen protectors?

Do you use screen/display protectors?

• Main display only.

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Foot switch displays only.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Both main and foot displays.

Votes: 46 30.9%
  • No covers at all.

Votes: 90 60.4%

• Total voters

pooDigger

Hey guys, just curious how useful screen protectors are. Will the displays eventually get scratched, or are these 3rd party screen protectors kind of an internet craze?

Lets see how many people are using them!

-c

Use mine at home so not really a concern for me. Couldn’t really see it getting so scratched to be unusable though. Would be more worried about getting the knobs stepped on, spilled on or something like that were a screen protector wouldn’t really help.

Not like your putting the fm3 into a pocket with your car keys for scratches to happen als a smartphone

I had to vote “not at all” because I don’t presently use them. If I was playing out much more then I would definitely consider getting a set. Can’t hurt to protect the FM3.

I've seen people claim the screens scratch easily. I still have the protective plastic on mine, but will eventually put on a protector.

Nope. Not for my Axe III/FC-6 rig either. Been using primarily the Axe III live every week for almost 3 years and only light scratching on the displays with no adverse visual effects.

It's all relative.

A car scratches easily but do you cover IT with a protector every time you take it out of the house?
Just repeating what’s been said.

But yeah, I do like taking care of my stuff and don’t like it looking like crap.

The OP is apparently curious about it.

Last edited:
I still don’t know if I need one.

I do a lot of outdoor gigs and still wondering if it really protect something else than scratching on the screen.
How does that react when you play with 30+ degrees? Does it burn the screen?

With wind and dust? How does it protect?
If it start to rain does some drops can be caught and make things worse?

I am not worried about a scratch on the screen but i am worried about a cableplug xlr/jack falling and breaking the main screen. I have a piece of polycarbonate a few millimeters above it.

I still don’t know if I need one.

I do a lot of outdoor gigs and still wondering if it really protect something else than scratching on the screen.
How does that react when you play with 30+ degrees? Does it burn the screen?

With wind and dust? How does it protect?
If it start to rain does some drops can be caught and make things worse?
Here's an old thread I recalled:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/update-on-covers-for-fm3.188547/

There have been other mentions of the screens scratching easily. It's funny, because the thread above popped up just as I was about to remove the plastic from mine.

Anyway, if you care about your stuff, I'd be cautious. But then again, I'm the type of guy that keeps his car in a garage.

Back
Top Bottom