Poll: How many people use screen protectors?

Do you use screen/display protectors?

• Main display only.

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Foot switch displays only.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Both main and foot displays.

Votes: 46 30.9%
  • No covers at all.

Votes: 90 60.4%

• Total voters
This ain't rocket science or brain surgery!

The thick screen protectors are most useful to protect the screen(s) from damage due to falling objects or travel, DOH!

I use them along with a custom patch bay so people and crew tripping and stepping on cables while dropping things don't kill the FM3 on blacked out stages, but they're also useful if the audience starts throwing stuff (you never know at punk festivals LOL...)!

both since they came with them out of the box and i never took them off. in fact my inspection tag is still on it. but i don't play out so :yum:

I have the factory screen protector and on top of that the CEBA thingie..

Absolutely no need to have it like that, but i'm too lazy to change it :D

I sold a mint condition few months old fm3 to a guy on reverb.

He replies when he gets it he is returnign it because the screen is all scratched up.

I freak out since he is lying, later he does produce pictures of what looks like curclular microscopic scratched from turnign the knobs under the screen. He gave me the "option" of taking another $100 off the price and hed keep it. Since I needed the money I was forced to agree and he knew it, and it was expensive to ship properly.

So yeah, did he scratch the screen when he got it and used it? Or does the screen microscopically scratch with use? Who TF knows.

He replies when he gets it he is returnign it because the screen is all scratched up.

I freak out since he is lying, later he does produce pictures of what looks like curclular microscopic scratched from turnign the knobs under the screen. He gave me the "option" of taking another $100 off the price and hed keep it. Since I needed the money I was forced to agree and he knew it, and it was expensive to ship properly.

So yeah, did he scratch the screen when he got it and used it? Or does the screen microscopically scratch with use? Who TF knows.
I haven't sold a ton on Reverb, but can't you stipulate the return policy?

yea listing 'mint' is dicy. but also extra lame of the buyer... He'll probably use it with socks only.

Probably sits down to pee too. :tearsofjoy:

I do, made them by myself. I don't go out with the FM3, but it doesn't hurt to keep it safer.
It ended up being quite similar to what's been sold in the internet (obviously, as it's just copying the FM3 layout).
Made the dxf myself, and sent it to be laser-cut on 3 mm plexiglass.

Protectors aren't for products, they're for people who are honest with themselves. If you're a clumsy moron like I am, buy one. If you know you're careful, and rarely break shit, then don't. Either way, there's no wrong answer.

Protectors aren't for products, they're for people who are honest with themselves. If you're a clumsy moron like I am, buy one. If you know you're careful, and rarely break shit, then don't. Either way, there's no wrong answer.
I don't think it's about preventing the product from breaking. Specifically in the FM3, the printed label of the buttons are prone to be removed easily.

Back
Top Bottom