Poll: Global Cab

Do you want a Global Cab option?

• Total voters

merlin17

Power User
Hi!

I'd like to see a Global Cab option (in addition to the normal cab block).
That would mean an additional cab block that automatically uses a user-defined global cab.

The application would be:
Set the global cab to an IR of the actual cab one uses.
That means if I gig with a 2*12" cab with Cannabis Rex I'd set the global cab to an IR of that.
If I gig with a 1*12" cab with a Greenback I'd set the global cab to an IR of that.

As it is now I'd have to alter every preset to match the cab I'm using if I want to have the PA reflect the cab I have on stage.

Why would someone vote "no" when a feature does not take away anything but adds something (useful for some people)?

merlin17 said:
Why would someone vote "no" when a feature does not take away anything but adds something (useful for some people)?

This is the same old discussion - it absolutely does take something away. It takes precious time Cliff could use developing things people actually want. It also might take resources on the Axe (memory, CPU) that people feel have better uses. There is no free lunch.

The question in the poll is "do you want this". Some people do not feel they have any use for this feature and therefore vote "no". That's the deal.

This would be a mute point if we had a Global Bin (I think I had a poll for that one at one time... I really don't remember), a place that will allow for us to pop in whatever amp, cab or fx block we desire...

Back
Top Bottom