Poll: Do you plan to wait in the waiting list or pay the premium?

Poll: Do you plan to wait in the waiting list or pay the premium?

• I'm jumping to the front of the line baby! Money is no object.

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • I'm going to politely wait my turn and save some $$$.

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • Depends how long I have to wait.

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • This whole thing is a turn-off and I've decided not to buy one.

Votes: 15 12.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably going for it... When i saw they implemented a waiting list, I was a little bummed that I would not get to test out at the height of the demand frenzy my fairly clever optimizations I coded into my script Friday night. Will have to content myself at (hopefully) beating out the remaining line jumpers instead. :)

I am at a decent place on the list unless many people go fir the online purchase. Probably a few weeks to a month out. If it's longer than that I'm getting out of tge game, grab a lesser modeler (HD probably) and all of the other stuff to build a nice live and recording rig. I'll deal with that for as long as it takes to refund a II.
The II is going to be amazing, but not amazing enough to make or break my desire to play guitar.

If I weren't on the TM list, I would wait for the coupon. However, I did pay the premium price in '07 to jump the line for a Standard.

I'm not sure yet. I really wanted to have one for Sept at latest. I have serious doubts Cliff will even begin serving the wait list by then.

I'm in the MST zone, putting me at a 2 hr disadvantage. Slept in due to late gig last night with a brutal load out. Good gig but this was the first in ages without my Ultra (sold last week). Woke up and got ready for Fathers day stuff.. Finally had a peek at the forum on my iPhone and I see there's a wait list with 100+ names already in front of me. I just might have to brace myself and take that $400 kick in the junk. Except I still can't get it shipped to Canada!

Last edited:
$400 bucks can go a long way towards an MFC101 lol. I'm going to wait it out. Hopefully with Cliff's new production line we will have one sooner than expected.

...Hopefully with Cliff's new production line we will have one sooner than expected.
What info is available about a new production line? I saw some stuff from the card makers (AKA Liam), but by all accounts Cliff has plenty of cards available. Does Cliff have a new production line as well?

None of the above. If I buy, it'll be afterl the rush calms down.

All of this "buy it now, or wait list" all seems like an impatient waste of time, and money to me.

I have gear, it does it's job for now, and if there's and Axe-II in my future, then so be it. I CAN wait.

I'll wait. Don't think its going to be too long this time. I think Cliff is going to kick some
product to the Waiting List on a daily basis. I'm guessing 3-5 units. All reports are
that the new production line is a room full of people working as fast as they can.
He never had that resource in prior releases.

We'll know in a couple days if he starts serving the Waiting List this week, or kicks us to
the curb.

I owned several units since 2006
I sold my last Ultra on Jun-06-2011
I'm AXEless.... but pretty happy with some new toys.
At this point I'm not sure I will get the AXE-FX2, I just don't feel the urge to do so.
At least not for the time being.

:eek:

Probably going for it... When i saw they implemented a waiting list, I was a little bummed that I would not get to test out at the height of the demand frenzy my fairly clever optimizations I coded into my script Friday night. Will have to content myself at (hopefully) beating out the remaining line jumpers instead. :)

LOL. We're in the same boat.

I should've developed that script before Friday. Argh!
I would have saved $400. Anyways.

I think we'll still need that script to snatch one though, even at that price.

Statistically speaking;
388 people polled that they would buy an Axe-II asap.

Let's assume that only 1/3 of all interested people responded to the poll (I'm being conservative, it could be WAY higher than that, as much as TEN times higher)
So 388X3=1164.

Let's say the 20% of this thread is a good representative sample...
It means that we have to compete with 233 people looking to buy the Axe now.

I hope your script is fast and 100% automated. :)

At this point I'm not sure I will get the AXE-FX2, I just don't feel the urge to do so.

:eek:

The rest of us would be the poorer for your absence in the new Axe II community.
You were always one of the most prolific and capable of Forum contributors with
generation I. Hope you change your mind.

Originally Posted by AndrewSimon

I am curious about the new toys he is talking about!
Man.... some healthy competition that would be nice!

I just paid the premium. After having it in my cart several times last week (only to be denied), and missing the announcement of the list yesterday, I decided to pay up and get on with life. No regrets.

Not sure what I am going to do at this point. I can't sit and refresh my browser all day and I need something for some upcoming projects I have going on. I bought a MFC thinking I'd have no trouble snagging a II when it dropped. But seeing as how it looks like I won't be able to get an Axe, I may just return the MFC and move on.

I'll wait. Don't think its going to be too long this time. I think Cliff is going to kick some
product to the Waiting List on a daily basis. I'm guessing 3-5 units. All reports are
that the new production line is a room full of people working as fast as they can.
He never had that resource in prior releases.

We'll know in a couple days if he starts serving the Waiting List this week, or kicks us to
the curb.

I agree. This is nothing like the MFC which was a from the groud up, chassis, firmware, layout, manufacturing process, etc.

Axe II is next gen of Ultra and FAS are pro's in buliding them. No unknowns here just daily manufac.
MFC hit many roadblocks, unknowns, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom