Poll : Are you on Win or Mac ?

What is your Operating System ?

• Total voters
I completely agree with the above. I just shopped for a new PC both Mac and W8. I opt to build my own PC which was the best choice for me. Far superior performance and bang for buck building your own verses in the box. If you like fancy cases and just want out of the box performance Mac is an excellent choice.

I agree to a certain extent, however if you price up a comparable PC against the new Mac Pro, you'd be surprised at how competitively priced it is.

I'm a DOS guy. ;)

Actually, I use Windows & Linux for software dev at my day job. I use a Mac at home with the AxeFX.

When I was at NAMM in Jan I didn't see a single PC... MacBooks were all over the place.

I agree to a certain extent, however if you price up a comparable PC against the new Mac Pro, you'd be surprised at how competitively priced it is.

Even more true when comparing laptops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windows guy here... considered a MacBook, but in the bang for the buck department for laptops Windows wins hands down - I figure the difference in price paid for my interface and at least part of my DAW. If I were performing and bringing a laptop on stage I would definitely go for a MacBook for the added stability - no question. As Fabio stated the price difference between the new Mac Pros is pretty much equal to a comparable PC, I haven't seen that with laptops though.

Sure, i see a lot of Mac in music context. But isn't it a sort of hype ?

Not to turn this into a PC/Mac debate... but I think hype is part of it... Mac has been "grandfathered" into the music biz. It used to be that hardware-wise, Macs could do things PC's couldn't. Those lines are pretty much gone, however a lot of music development remains with Macs.

I went to Mac for my music needs about 2 years ago. The Mac is pretty nice, although It's been a rough transition for me (Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V does nothing??... oh wait, Cmd-C/Cmd-V)... and, FWIW, My Mac crashes a LOT more than my PC! I think there's something wrong with it, but diagnostics report no problems.

Windows. Currently using a MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid (firewire) as my main interface with Cubase. Sure there are a few bugs and issues, but it's just a slight nuisance. I know my setup well enough that when something doesn't behave I can fix it in seconds. I feel I'm too invested in all of my DAW software and VSTs at this point to make a switch anytime soon.
\

One of the beautiful things I realized when I switched back to Mac after a particular frustrating run of Windows configuration issues was that almost all the software I owned worked for both platforms, so I didn't lose $ on the switch. I realize that Windows can be configured to work and I'm sure it works better now than when I left, but on Mac I spend almost zero time dealing with and kind of software or configuration issues. That is invaluable to me after spending hours, days and weeks trying to get systems all playing together nicely in years past. I'm sure it's all much better now as computers have gotten ridiculously more powerful during the time I've been doing this stuff (all the way back to my Atari ST which was awesome for MIDI).

I spend a lot of my work time dealing with tech stuff and I appreciate that when I turn on my Macs, 99.9% of the time everything just works as I expect it to.

Mac at home, Linux at work. I also have a Windows machine, but it's been collecting dust for years.

In about 10 years Apple will no longer be a standard in professional audio. The fact that it's still widely used is not the whole story; the whole story includes the fact that it's used less and less all the time.

Always been Mac, since 1985 with the Mac Plus. Always had Digital Performer as my basic DAW (very firsts were both Opcodes MidiMac and Performer 1.2), although I also use Logic and Pro Tools, when I have to. My DAW is greatly enhanced and run by my Metric Halo interfaces - ULN-8s and ULN-2. The Metric Halo guru and developer/coder BJ Buchalter has promised "Future Proof" and is revamping the interfaces, so firewire will in no way cripple them. Users will not be forced to buy NEW interfaces. Pretty cool, huh?

Never had a Windows machine.

I use Mac to run my studio (ProTools) but I use a small laptop for my Fractal stuff. I only spent a few hundred on the laptop. It is running windows 8. Works fine for me. This way I can keep my studio computer clear for just recording functions, and use the laptop for all my Fractal stuff.

I run Pro Tools 10 on an old Windows 7 machine. Works great. I also ran it on a Surface Pro just to see if it would work. Did a great job, I just had to get a USB hub.

Sent from Windows Phone Tapatalk

In about 10 years Apple will no longer be a standard in professional audio. The fact that it's still widely used is not the whole story; the whole story includes the fact that it's used less and less all the time.

Apples Mac market share has actually been steadily growing the last 7 years. Not sure how this will impact professional audio, but my guess is it will continue to be the standard for a good while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom