Poll : Are you on Win or Mac ?

What is your Operating System ?

• Total voters

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
I've just proposed a little tool for Windows but it appears a lot of you are on Mac (it seems the proportion is greater than in the average population), so i'd like to check it ;)

Currently on Mac, but going to move back to Windows on my next upgrade. My interfaces are firewire and I'm sure a hell not gonna get rid of them just to stay with Logic.

Love Mac... Use Windows... 7 & 8. More bang for the buck. I just run too much at once and my favorite DAW Samplitude, is Windows only for the foreseeable future.

Mac changed my digital life back in 2000, so i've been a mac user for 14 years now. Unfortunately i'm forced to use a PC laptop once in while for some complementary work i need to do in my workflow as an Architect.

Took the Mac plunge 4 years ago. I still use Windows for work, but I run that in Parallels. I had a very unpleasant experience with Microsoft Product Activation a while back, and it solidified my desire to support a company that doesn't treat its paying customers like thieves, and overall doesn't have complete and utter disdain for its users. So, its Mac for me!

Windows. Currently using a MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid (firewire) as my main interface with Cubase.

Sure there are a few bugs and issues, but it's just a slight nuisance. I know my setup well enough that when something doesn't behave I can fix it in seconds. I feel I'm too invested in all of my DAW software and VSTs at this point to make a switch anytime soon.

Just my humble opinion. I like the flexibility of being able to customize a whole tower without the need of spending 1-2k.

I personnaly don't see any fundamental difference in using Mac vs Win, but there's definitely a lot more resources for Win, so...

I completely agree with the above. I just shopped for a new PC both Mac and W8. I opt to build my own PC which was the best choice for me. Far superior performance and bang for buck building your own verses in the box. If you like fancy cases and just want out of the box performance Mac is an excellent choice.

Back
Top Bottom