Pod Xt live as a foot controller

Ravaya

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and to setting up midi devices. I am trying to use my pod xt live as a midi controller for the axe fx 2.
So far I've only managed to change patches and nothing more. Can anyone help as to how one can use the top row buttons to
switch on/off effects or assign the expression pedal to actually do something? All the threads I 've come across up until now
assume that the things I ask are common knowledge. Well I guess that makes me a total noob.
So if anyone was willing to help I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers to all.

Look up "learn mode" to get the AxeFx to map the XTL's IA messages to the correct function on the AxeFx. That's probably what you're missing.

After you get things mapped, the next frustration will be to get the indicator lights to match FX state in each patch. I solved that by getting a Liquid Foot Jr. and then an MFC.

You have my many thnx man. Just figured it out. Learn mode is a dream.... The only thing I haven't been able to achieve is getting the expression pedal to work. Any thoughts? I got to turn the wah wah on and off with the toe switch but I can't seem to get it to work.
Anyhow thanks very much for the response.

Cheers

You might try using learn mode again to configure the wah/volume CCs as external controllers. Then you'll be able to assign them to control wah, whammy, delay mix, etc.

Thnx again for the tip. After hours of trying to figure things out it seems that the expression pedal is not working properly. Meh... But once again thanks for helping out

Cheers

After hours of trying to figure things out it seems that the expression pedal is not working properly.
Does the MIDI light on the AxeFx come on when the expression pedal changes position? If so, you oughta be able to get it mapped.

Back
Top Bottom