POD HD500 controlling Axe FX - a new report

Uh?!?
How can a 5 pin midi cable fit into a 7 pin midi input on the AFXII??
This is the meaning of my question!

ah... and another one is:
the AFXII has a 7 pins 180° (DIN) MiDi IN and the Vetta and the HD500 both a 5 pins 180° MiDi OUT
HOW CAN I HOOK them together?
TNX

On page 192 on the Axe-Fx_II_Owners_Manual_-_901.pdf, you see that the 7 DIN MIDI input can be connected 5 DIN MIDI cable. THe extract two pins are used to for fantom power of the MFC-101 when connected through MIDI cables.

ah... and another one is:
can the HD500 control the looper function of the AFXII?
TNX

Yes, since LOOPER controls are mapped to CCs. See page 187:
Looper Record CC 28
Looper Play 29
Looper Once 30
Looper Dub 31
Looper Rev 32
Looper Bypass 33
Looper Half 120
Looper Undo 121

ok... got it: I have seen the "print" of the 7 pin midi IN and it is just like the 5 pin plus the 2 pins above the others... so a 5 pin midi cable can fit perfectly into the 7 pins inpout.
TnX PALYGAP
(I like your scheme in your firm. I got the BCF2000 (the one with the faders) and I'm thinking that a great combo-midi controller can be the HD500+the BCF2000 ... do you think that i can match the 2 things?)

Yes the HD500+the BCF2000 could a good "combo-midi controller". But to control the all the AXE-FX theres a need to use SYSEX message (custom to the AXE-FX). That why I initially started the MidyAX project to build an interface to allow the BCR2000 to control all the AXE-FX parameters. I also have a BFC2000 and a POD XT LIVE and, depending on my availability, I might get them to work with the MidyAX. Anyway the MidyAX has 4 MIDI input/output, one to connect to the AXE-FX and 3 others to connect MIDI controllers like BCR2000, BCF2000, HD500, POD XT LIVE. For the floorboard I am first planning to use the FCB1010 since I think it has more potential.

ok... got it: I have seen the "print" of the 7 pin midi IN and it is just like the 5 pin plus the 2 pins above the others... so a 5 pin midi cable can fit perfectly into the 7 pins inpout.
TnX PALYGAP
(I like your scheme in your firm. I got the BCF2000 (the one with the faders) and I'm thinking that a great combo-midi controller can be the HD500+the BCF2000 ... do you think that i can match the 2 things?)

Yeah, I think you got it. A 7 pin MIDI connection is the same as the 5 pin with 2 extra pins for phantom power. You can plug a 5 pin connector into a 7 pin connector, you just wont be using the extra phantom power option. *most* controllers dont use the 7 pin setup, so 5 pin is far more usual....

I'm wondering if any of you are having the same problem as I am. My setup couldn't be easier. I'm only trying to use the HD500 as a controller for rehearsals. I only have one patch, where I map 5 buttons and the two pedals to midi CC#s that I use on every one of my Axe presets. I never change the HD500 patch at all and I use the Axe dial to change presets on the Axe. But, at various times, the HD500 CC#s automatically reset to their factory defaults, even though I haven't changed patches on the HD500. It's driving me nuts.

I never had any weird problems like that when I was using the HD500 and an Axe Standard.

What I did though was created one preset on the HD500 that had all my IA states and everything, and then I copied that preset to every preset in that setlist. Then I changed presets on the HD500. I dont know if changing them on the Axe could sometimes send a message to the HD500 to change presets and get them off from each other?

I never had any weird problems like that when I was using the HD500 and an Axe Standard.

What I did though was created one preset on the HD500 that had all my IA states and everything, and then I copied that preset to every preset in that setlist. Then I changed presets on the HD500. I dont know if changing them on the Axe could sometimes send a message to the HD500 to change presets and get them off from each other?

That was my guess, but I don't have anything going from an OUTput of the Axe to an INput of the HD, so theoretically, no control signals should be received of any kind, unless they are coming in through the HD's Midi Out jack.

Hey guys! Nice to meet you! First post here... Sorry for disturbing but Im brazilian and dont have many sources of info here for the axe fx 2...

I would REALLY appreciate your help in my set up...

I have a boss gt-100 as a midi controller for the axe fx 2. Basically for switching presets. Thats ok! My nightmare is when trying to use the wah and its footswitch to turn on and off the effect! Ive seen a video tutorial on that subject with the MFC and the mission sp-1 pedal (watch?v=YVTDJGCmFdM). I could assign the exp pedal to control the wah block (Ext Crtl 1 = CC16). But only with the autoengage option. The exp pedal switch is acting like a momentary switch (Ext Crtl = CC17). Eventhough in the gt100 its set to toggle. I mean that I can assign it to turn the wah block on and of, but it doesnt stay on or off when I press it. It insist to be momentary... It sucks! I cant use my wah block with this set up. I dont like the autoengage... This is sad because I need to do the same thing for the whammy.... And also would like to use the exp pedal as a volume pedal plus wah or whammy together...

In my gt100 it works flawless. So I hope there is something in the axe fx 2 programing that Im not quite mastering...

Clearing things up...

what I cant do is to set the exp pedal switch to be set to on or off like you did with the mission sp-1 pedal on this video at 13:04

(watch?v=YVTDJGCmFdM)

Thanks very very much!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom