POD HD Pro X with Axe-FX using 4CM possible and MIDI with MFC

If fas could make a variax type guitar connection than with a pair of clr's you would have a dream rig
I have line 6 dream rig but use the pod only to power the guitar while playing throug the axe fx/clr's.

I have an old Pod X3 Live that could be used to power the Variax but I want to take it a step further by going wireless. I don't want to speculate or start any unfounded rumors but, if Fractal is planing on introducing their own modeling guitar then I can certainly wait for that!

I'm close to pulling the trigger on the HD Pro but would like some reassurance that I can accomplish such a setup. I would like to avoid "but the Axe-FX has great effects" type posts. For the record the AxeFX has great effects but trying to emulate the Line 6 FM4 stuff would take to long for me. The POD HD X allows for me to get go to sounds I've used effects wise. I can get some interesting texture sounds from the bizarre/crazy effects that Line 6 has seemed to nail in my opinion with their "filter" offerings.

Thank you kindly,
Justin

You can do everything you want but you may want to purchase Fedit ( http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-discussion/63762-fedit-mfc-101-editor-available.html ) to make your life a lot easier when programming the MFC-101. I miss some of the FX in my Line 6 POD X3 & Boss GT-Pro and I don't know enough about how FX work or the time to learn how to program them into my Axe-Fx II. Someday...

I have the dream rig. The Amp weighs a ton and I was not completely satisfied with the sound. I tried running the variax thru the HD500 via AES into the Axefx. Sounds cleaner but like a cheep imitation of most of the modeled guitars. Tons of artifacts in some of the models and the acoustics sound horrible. Back to the drawing board.

Back
Top Bottom