Pod hd 500 as controller?

Ive seen other ppl posting that they have successfully used the hd500 and other floor pods as midi controllers. Do a search, there are a few topics on how to get it working.

Yes - Works great except for using the pedal toe switch for a second pedal - I connect a second external expression pedal to the pod for this. You'll have to setup pod patches to control the desired initial state of the buttons for each patch. It gives you 8 effect switches + patch bank change switches (works best if you set up your axe patches in groups of four (like that typical L6 ABCD thing). Set up your pod patches to match, add an a/b switch to you guitar inputs and modeller outs and you've got a cheap backup rig that you can switch to instantly.

Thanks, Canada Day up here, have to wait till tomorrow.
Thanks for the info
I wondered about the toe kick switch!
Later
B

Yes - Works great except for using the pedal toe switch for a second pedal - I connect a second external expression pedal to the pod for this. You'll have to setup pod patches to control the desired initial state of the buttons for each patch. It gives you 8 effect switches + patch bank change switches (works best if you set up your axe patches in groups of four (like that typical L6 ABCD thing). Set up your pod patches to match, add an a/b switch to you guitar inputs and modeller outs and you've got a cheap backup rig that you can switch to instantly.

Hey sprint,

Are you able to get the Axe tuner to come through or are you relying on the HD's built-in tuner?

Thanks.

I'm using mine that way until my MFC ships (Monday). It's okay. It's limited compared to the MFC obviously, but it does work. Thankfully a friend knew how to set it up, so that saved me about a half day or so.

The tuner works fine, but you can't see it on the HD's display. But if you program the tuner button for the Axe's tuner, you can't use the HD's tuner. And it's instant, BTW - just touch it, no holding it down for a couple of seconds. Since I find I hit that HD's tuner switch with my size 13s (used to mute myself now and then), I set the Axe tuner to not mute. You can pull the treadle back instead, works fine.

MGoBlue said:
Hey sprint,

Are you able to get the Axe tuner to come through or are you relying on the HD's built-in tuner?

Thanks.

Hi - I have not tried to get the axe tuner working through the HD's display - I doubt it could work but you can set up as Wildwind mentions above. Also as mentioned above it's no replacement for an MFC or Liquid foot but it does provide basic functionality.

Ok, I have it working great with the Axe II using The preset on custom tone, just one quick question, Axe Edit doesn't show anything happening as I toggle stuff on and off.
Is that normal?

BTW, I had a bit of issues with USB while I had the HD 500 and AxeFX II hook up at the same time to the computer,
so once you save your preset for the controller, unhook the HD 500 USB.
Then midi out from the Pod to the Axe midi in only.

This helped using Lion on my Mac

Thanks everyone for your support.
B

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom