Plugging guitar into FC-12?

So, I thought I could plug my guitar into the FC-12 and then run a cable back to my AFXIII. Is that not the case? I just got my FC-12 and it doesn't look like that's the case. I plan on running my III in 4cm into my amp and was hoping to have my guitar plug into the front of the stage. Does't look like that will be happening unless I run a I/O box from the front of the stage where my FC-12 is to the amp.

Nope. It doesn’t work that way. Just like if you had a MIDI foot controller, you couldn’t plug your guitar into that, either. :)

So, I thought I could plug my guitar into the FC-12 and then run a cable back to my AFXIII. Is that not the case? I just got my FC-12 and it doesn't look like that's the case. I plan on running my III in 4cm into my amp and was hoping to have my guitar plug into the front of the stage. Does't look like that will be happening unless I run a I/O box from the front of the stage where my FC-12 is to the amp.
@Veritas0Aequitas - You could mount the FC (and a couple expression pedals) on a Temple Audio board like this:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DUO-34-GM--temple-audio-duo-34-templeboard-gunmetal

And then add one of the optional modules, like this:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MOD-4JPM--temple-audio-4-way-jack-patch-module

This would let you plug the guitar directly into the Pedal Board.

That's what I do. Eventually, i will get a Pedal Snake or something similar that will bundle the XLR for the FC-12 and the instrument cable that will go back to my Axe III. The instrument cable will only be an emergency backup for me, in case my wireless gives me unexpected issues. Temple Audio also makes some other modules (XLR Module) that can make the connectivity clean and easy to plugin in a hurry. It takes a little time and $$$ to put together, but it ends up being a really tight solution. I learned a lot along the way so, feel free to hit me up if your interested in pursuing a solution like that. I can save you some headaches and help to answer any questions, if you'd like.

Last edited:
Nope. It doesn’t work that way. Just like if you had a MIDI foot controller, you couldn’t plug your guitar into that, either. :)
It could be a nice idea for the next generation of foot controller though.

It could be a nice idea for the next generation of foot controller though.
Indeed it could. It might require a next-generation Axe-Fx, though, that could send audio over the FASLink connection.

A cheap way of doing that would be a 5 core cable, that has two cables directly connected to your guitar...
Yeah but I wouldn't do that, lots of chances for interferences and usually multicore cables tend to have much higher capacitance than instrument cables

Back
Top Bottom