plugged in my tube amp last night ...

mongey

Inspired
so got my XL last year , my wife was preggo and I was losing my music room to be the babys room so of course I told her I needed an axe fx as I cant play my amp at home anymore

since I got the XL almost 12 months ago my dual recto has sat in the corner of my bedroom not turned on once.Havent jammed with the guys since . my daughter is 5 months old now and finally have some flexibility to get back in with the band. our drummer moved overseas about when my wife got preggo so we are jamming with a new drummer next week. cant wait.

I like the XL allot and have been figuring it will become my live rig in the long run in some form . but first time jamming with a new guy and at a new stuido where i'm not sure what the PA will be like decided I'll take the mesa and some pedals just for familairty . havent been playing that much since the baby came so better to go with what I know I figure

so anyway last night my wife took the baby out for an hour and I thought I'd crack a beer and dig out my amp and pedal board and plug it in and make sure a tube hasnt dided or something while it sat there

I was curious to see how I felt about playing the amp. so I plugged it all in and...

....was really fun actaully . It def made me appreciate having limits . a 3 channel amp and a few pedals you have to use what you have and you get it done . been playing exclusivly through my studio monitors and was great standing in front of a cab even though it was no where near loud enough for the amp to be at its best .It actually made me really curious about trying the axe fx into my mesa 2 x 12 . next time I have the space and time I'm going to try the XL into the recto powersection just to see what its like

so anyway no real point to my rant other than

tube amps are still super fun even if you love the fractal and I'm really looking forward to cranking that damn recto next friday

Nice man, its always fun to jam through some different setups. I still have a rack from the 80s I jam through and it still sounds great. Keep the passion!!

My first time through my new (to meñ) AxeFX II was two weeks ago...I plugged in, turned it on, dialed a Fender (ish) pre and cranked my R9 through a pair of Audio-technica ATHM50's...ambrosia! I have a nice collection of tube amps...they sound great...but I cannot turn up the volume loud enough to let the speakers do their thing...now I don't have that problem any more...I'll probably sell a few, but along with my MFC101, I have found my new back line...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an Orange Rockerverb 50 just sitting doing absolutely nothing. I was thinking about plugging it in and using the Axe as an FX unit just for fun, but then remembered I dialled in the perfect Citrus 50 tone and can't rally tell the difference between them, so again it sits....

so had my jam and it was fun as hell . felt great to have the tube amp blasting at my back

turns out the room is pretty good and PA is decent so going to try my XL this week when we tryout another drummer

Same story for my $2000 Splawn & $300. cab. They just sit there watching, waiting. I think I've cranked up the Splawns once since I bought my
Axe. They sound really good, and I've learned a few things here about using the Axe that has helped me better use the Splawn, too. But there's just
too much versatility to the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom