Wish Plug-in Architecture for Pedal Interface in Axe Edit

Manny Fufish

Power User
Hi Folks,
I have been working a lot on a new analog rig consisting of a Mesa Boogie Lonestar and a bunch of great new pedals mostly made by Strymon. I'm very happy with my results and it has made me think about how easy to configure these pedals are. You can almost do no wrong and they are very musical and most importantly intuitive. The end result is magic.

This got me thinking about how I configure amps and pedals in the AxeFX.

I think it would be cool if there was a plug-in interface for Axe-Edit where 3rd parties could use either an SDK or a scripting language wherein you select a pedal/amp and an interface dialog comes up that looks like the pedal/amp you are modifying. Changes to the parameters would effect just as the real pedal and you could get great easy to use interfaces which are very intuitive and musical like the Strymon DIG, Flint, El Cap, Sunset, Deco, and Blue Sky which have all been super easy to setup. I think the Axe can get, or get close, to the sounds of these pedals but without the interface, I wouldn't know where to begin... I can now use my Strymon's in the effects loop of the Axe but I wouldn't want my Fractal Brethren to burden that expense...

Thinking out loud I guess, but does anyone agree?

Back
Top Bottom