PLS HELP: Axe-Fx III Outputting Sysex Info??

Jonny T

Hi all, 1st post here 😁

I've got my Axe III connected to my iMac via USB so I can use Axe-Edit III.

When I record MIDI in my DAW (Pro Tools 12) with my inputs set to "All", the Axe-Fx records random Sysex info. However, when I quit Axe-Edit and hit record, no sysex info is recorded.

When Axe-Edit is open, the "MIDI IN" light of the front panel of the Axe-Fx is continually on. When I close out of Axe-Edit, the light turns continually off.

Is there a setting I can turn on/off either in Axe-Edit or the Axe-Fx to allow me to have Axe-Edit open and not be outputting sysex info all the time?

Thank you so much! I'm happy to give any other pertinent info.

Jonny T

Axe-Edit is continually communicating with the Axe-FX, so I guess that the only way to stop the sysex flow is to shut down Axe-Edit

Last edited:
It can, and that works. I'd super love to have the Axe-Fx not output sysex to begin with if that's an option, but I appreciate the solution 👍
Axe-Edit comms over USB with sysex and if PT is getting USB data, then it's there. i don't think you can have the Axe send sysex only to Edit. you'd have to close Edit or ignore sysex; i think those are the only solutions when the source is the same (USB).

Hi Jonny,

Not sure it will have the desired effect, but you can tell the Axe FX not to send sysex by going to Setup->MIDI/Remote->General, and set 'Send Realtime Sysex' to Off.

Thanks
Pauly

Hi all, 1st post here 😁

I've got my Axe III connected to my iMac via USB so I can use Axe-Edit III.

When I record MIDI in my DAW (Pro Tools 12) with my inputs set to "All", the Axe-Fx records random Sysex info. However, when I quit Axe-Edit and hit record, no sysex info is recorded.

When Axe-Edit is open, the "MIDI IN" light of the front panel of the Axe-Fx is continually on. When I close out of Axe-Edit, the light turns continually off.

Is there a setting I can turn on/off either in Axe-Edit or the Axe-Fx to allow me to have Axe-Edit open and not be outputting sysex info all the time?

Thank you so much! I'm happy to give any other pertinent info.

Jonny T

Axe-Edit comms over USB with sysex and if PT is getting USB data, then it's there. i don't think you can have the Axe send sysex only to Edit. you'd have to close Edit or ignore sysex; i think those are the only solutions when the source is the same (USB).
🤘:skull:🤘

Hi Jonny,

Not sure it will have the desired effect, but you can tell the Axe FX not to send sysex by going to Setup->MIDI/Remote->General, and set 'Send Realtime Sysex' to Off.

Thanks
Pauly
I've had it set to OFF, but I appreciate the suggestion Pauly.

Hi Jonny,

Thanks
Pauly
That may just be for the MIDI output.

The 'Send Realtime Sysex' toggle is only to enable/disable program changes and tuner data, not the torrent of bytes flowing between the Axe and AxeEdit. I think javajunkie's suggestion is the correct one.

Hey there. Old thread, same problem here.

Would it ever be possible for the Axe 3 and Axe Edit to only send sysex midi information between each other when an actual setting/knob is changed rather than the constant communication or is that just not possible? Even if an option is built into Axe Edit where it goes into "Auto pause" xx seconds after a change?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom