Pls Check My Preset - Feels Like It's Mono, Not Stereo.

nojyeloot

Experienced
Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if this preset is outputting stereo (wide stereo, at least). I have also tried to place a 2290 (which defaults to mono btw) set it to ping pong and it still sounds like it's mono. Is there something I'm missing? I'm trying to get a wide sound with my two delays.

Would someone please mind checking this out and giving me some advice if something could be routed better? Or better yet tweak this patch and lemme know what you did? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• TEST TEMPLATE.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if this preset is outputting stereo (wide stereo, at least). I have also tried to place a 2290 (which defaults to mono btw) set it to ping pong and it still sounds like it's mono. Is there something I'm missing? I'm trying to get a wide sound with my two delays.

Would someone please mind checking this out and giving me some advice if something could be routed better? Or better yet tweak this patch and lemme know what you did? Thanks in advance.
does this preset use Global Blocks? loading on my XL, many blocks have minimum values.

regardless, resetting blocks to get sound, this does make a stereo sound with the delays, but only if you turn up the knobs that make it stereo.

in Analog Stereo delay, you need to reduce the RATIO in the first page so there is a difference in Feedback between right and left. at 100%, there is no difference.

for the 2290, you need to at least increase the Right Post Delay, otherwise there's only the Right side phase invert, which isn't the easiest to hear.

regardless, resetting blocks to get sound, this does make a stereo sound with the delays, but only if you turn up the knobs that make it stereo.

in Analog Stereo delay, you need to reduce the RATIO in the first page so there is a difference in Feedback between right and left. at 100%, there is no difference.

for the 2290, you need to at least increase the Right Post Delay, otherwise there's only the Right side phase invert, which isn't the easiest to hear.

This helped big time and just what I needed to know/hear. Thanks, Chris. ♥

Always un-link any global blocks before exporting a preset that someone may load into their unit. All global block settings are stored in the units themselves and not included with the presets. Any blocks with global links will load with the global block settings of their unit.

What make most Stereo Delays 'Stereo', is the fact that they preserve any stereo image that exists at their inputs. To make them produce a stereo image of their own, (like Chris said) reduce the 'Ratio' parameter to around 95% (or 75% if you was a 1/4 note/dotted 1/8 note rhythmic delay). A 'Mono' Delay will also do this, but collapse any stereo image that may have existed at it's input.

Also, the 'Detune/Pitch' block will not be in stereo because the Amp blocks are always in mono. So anything place before them will get collapsed to mono.

Back
Top Bottom