Not a Bug Pls check Blues OD pedal FM3 vs Axe Fx 2 loose a lot of treble in FM3 version

lauke-lux

Fractal Fanatic
Strange difference, in FM3 I've got the impression I put a blanket over my sound when putting on the Blues OD pedal, something wrong or has some modelling been redone/corrected vs previous FX2 version ? Admit I use it at very low drive level (0.874, tone 2.78) 10-2200Hz

Hey man!

I was having the same frustration as you! The AX8 Blues OD model was my primary boost into all of my amps and it sounded PHENOMENAL! That tone is hiding in the FM3 Drive block. I think it's just got a more functional sweep around the spectrum. Try your drive at 3 and your tone at 8.

I will admit that this has been the biggest issue I've had in upgrading to the FM3. I'm SO used to the AX8 drives and the new drive block is laid out differently. I'm relatively certain that all those tones are still hiding in there though. Good luck! Let me know what you find!

Ah, just on my Bose BT speaker (just before midnight here..) this seems to blow like before with these settings. Will see this through the weekend, as for the time being I changed the drive to a 3knob tube (chandler) for CPU saving reasons, but sounds readily more rich with the Blues OD with settings you provided. Will have to wait the weekend to do this at real levels. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Hey man!

I was having the same frustration as you! The AX8 Blues OD model was my primary boost into all of my amps and it sounded PHENOMENAL! That tone is hiding in the FM3 Drive block. I think it's just got a more functional sweep around the spectrum. Try your drive at 3 and your tone at 8.

I will admit that this has been the biggest issue I've had in upgrading to the FM3. I'm SO used to the AX8 drives and the new drive block is laid out differently. I'm relatively certain that all those tones are still hiding in there though. Good luck! Let me know what you find!
First time at band level since months : this effectively did the trick. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom